Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying not to feel discouraged!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    What antibiotic are you on for staph? Have they followed up with the lab to check if the antiobiotic is an appropriate one and determined if MRSA or not?

Infection makes more sense than an allergic reaction 😀
    Never assume.
    As important as it is for you to feel well informed , itís just as important for you to inform your Dr of any symptoms.

Yeah I think at the time I meant infection but put allergic 😂

I am allergic to almost every Oral antibiotic. Thereís a select few I can take orally but the rest are given in Ivy. Iím taking doxycycline thatís one Iím not allergic too.

Iím not sure if itís MRSA the ER physician didnít check with a swab but he did say it looked like a staph infection.

Iíve been told doxycycline is good for skin infections. Iím hoping itís the right antibiotic.

I see the Surgeon Thursday For my post op appointment and will see what she thinks.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by limichelle
    Yeah I think at the time I meant infection but put allergic 😂

I am allergic to almost every Oral antibiotic. Thereís a select few I can take orally but the rest are given in Ivy. Iím taking doxycycline thatís one Iím not allergic too.

Iím not sure if itís MRSA the ER physician didnít check with a swab but he did say it looked like a staph infection.

Iíve been told doxycycline is good for skin infections. Iím hoping itís the right antibiotic.

I see the Surgeon Thursday For my post op appointment and will see what she thinks.
    Doxycycline will treat it although itís a poor choice of antibiotic in your case.
    More Appropriate action would be clindamycin in your case which is from the same family of antibiotics so you wouldnít be allergic and also doxy can make you feel quite ill. And some nasty side effects if not taken as directed.

Make sure that when you take it that you remain upright for at least 30 minutes after taking it. Do Not lie down at all!

The Dr should have collected a swab and followed up on the results.

Hopefully it is working for you. By now you should see some improvement if itís working?

Good luck on your Dr. visit, hope the results of the procedures are clear so you can get some answers.

Platinum Member
    Sorry I didnít respond with an update right away. I saw the surgeon and got more clarity about the procedure and she did apologize. She apologized for the surgery not going according to plan.

She thought it was a fibroid but when she saw for herself itís a tumor she knew it was beyond her expertise.

The doxycycline worked and cleared up my incisions. Now Iím on an antibiotic for a uti.

It didnít help when she said the tumor was the strangest thing she had seen in all of her years doing surgery.

I see the Urologist Oncologist this Wednesday. Hopefully he can be the final piece of the puzzle.

Im feeling uncertainty about what this mass could be. I was advised if itís not malignant leave it be. If it is malignant Iím in for more surgery.

I just pray itís benign so I can put all of this behind me!

I see the Urologist Oncologist this Wednesday. Hopefully he can be the final piece of the puzzle.

[...] I was advised if itís not malignant leave it be. If it is malignant Iím in for more surgery.
    I'd avoid adopting assumptions from any doc who hasn't been able to help you so far. I'd put all questions on the table to the Urologist Oncologist, given that this is her/his area of expertise.

Don't allow the limitations of someone's experience to dictate your potential outcomes.

Open mind, open heart, and lots of love, honey.

Platinum Member
    Update:

I saw the Urologist Oncologist:

Finally I can exhale I feel like! He has more of a strategy and action plan set up for me.

So I have a more invasive cystoscope July 8th day after my birthday. Heís starting there and going to be able to biopsy as he knows exact location.

He went through all hospital records and previous doctors records and surgical records.

i Could ask my questions and I felt like he understood and can truly help me!

Update:

Finally I can exhale I feel like! He has more of a strategy and action plan set up for me.

So I have a more invasive cystoscope July 8th day after my birthday. Heís starting there and going to be able to biopsy as he knows exact location.

He went through all hospital records and previous doctors records and surgical records.

So glad to hear that this visit went well and this doc has earned your confidence.
    Staying with you in spirit, luv!
    Cat

Update:

So glad to hear this. Great progress.

Keep up your spirits and enjoy time with family. I hope you find more answers on the July 8 biopsy and it is benign.

That's great news. I hope it all goes well for you!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I hope all goes well Lisa!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice