LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex pretended she didnít see me

Ex pretended she didnít see me

See my ex today at traffic lights she didnít even look at me yet she see me. Either way had she looked/smiled/ignored me, would have left me to over think everything

Just disappointed that after 5 years, holidays good times etc etc she couldnít even look at me. Was only a few months ago sheís saying she loved me and we are doing cool stuff together. Not sure how you can lie or just flick feelings off like a light switch :(

It was probably an awkward encounter...for both of you. Sorry that happened. Sucks when you are inadvertently reminded.

I'm glad she didn't acknowledge you. I know that sounds mean but that would have turned out badly. She might have thought she had a chance to treat you poorly for the 6th time.

This is who she is. Someday you will meet someone who doesn't play with your emotions the way she did.

I'm sorry, James1982.

No sense trying to make rhyme nor reason as to why people behave the way they do. Don't over think everything anymore.

Turning people off is a coping mechanism so they can move on.

I myself do the same because it's easier to flick a switch to OFF than allow the past to dictate the present and future. It's a healing and recovery process for many.

Platinum Member
    Are you sure she saw and recognized you? Over 20 years ago I had a movie-worthy scene where I chased my ex through several commuter train cars because I assumed he had seen me and snubbed me. He hadn't. As an aside we got married exactly 11 years later -same weekend - but didn't get back together at that time. I'm sorry you felt hurt. Those encounters are so often awkward and complicated!

Yeah she had to drive past me, couldnít miss me.

I just think it speaks volumes but I donít listen to myself. I know sheís rubbish. But canít stop myself being misser

Why would she though? The relationship is over. Would it have made sense if she waved with a big grin or smiled? I'd rather an ex keep driving if it was a fresh break up and mind his own business. I'm not opposed to some cordial chit chat but there were reasons it didn't work. It's good to respect that and give each other some space.

Give things a while more to settle down and give yourself time to overcome those feelings of pain, rejection, hurt and confusion that it's all over. You may think you're not confused but it seems you're still struggling to make sense of a new reality. All of that is normal.

Instead of focusing on what didn't happen in the week, focus on what you did accomplish and what good HAS happened. Keep reconditioning your mind this way and you'll start seeing the glass half full.

I understand, but why drill yourself into a deeper hole to climb out of?

Think about what you would have preferred. Maybe a fingertip touch like a renaissance painting? A smile and wave?

What could her response have been that would have made you feel better about her driving forward and onward?

Exes are exes for a reason.

Head high, and drive yourself forward into a resilience that you can be proud of.

just keep going man....nothing strikes more than walking past your ex with a nice smile on and they ignore you like you are some nobody lol.
    Dont worry its normal life they are now just part of the crowd.

Platinum Member
    OP, Please go back and read your initial thread, as this woman always had a foot outside the relationship, and was physically/emotionally cheating..

The first time she dumped you for her ex- was cheating on you. The second time she broke up, and could not understand why were upset about former hooks ups asking for sex via text . This was not a good relationship, and I think it will help if you are more honest with yourself.

I see she dumped you five times. In the future, if it doesn't work after two goes, it is not working. It is massochistic to put yourself through such a toxic relationship.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 06-14-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice