LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What should i say to him?

Platinum Member
    If you keep on getting involved with creeps, then you have been choosing the wrong guys. You had not been reacting to red flags. Now, you have gone the polar opposite. I agree with the others, deal with your issues.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Freya112
    This guy jumped to conclusions about me.. that i must be a catfish or im using him to have a texting friend. But none of those are true.
    Your behaviour doesn't prove it, though.

Do you not have a lot of real-life dating experience, or?

This guy jumped to conclusions about me.. that i must be a catfish or im using him to have a texting friend. But none of those are true.
    The purpose for online dating is so you can meet someone and date.

If you only wanted an electronic friend and refused any real time means of getting to know each other. . .I would assume you were a catfish too.

Please know that these men will move on to women who are more secure, eager and ready meet them and get to know them.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    "Not to mention he wasnt even that attractive ( i was definitely better)and was short so i was like 🤔🤔."
    Wow, really?

Do you think he should put up with your wishy-washy behavior because you're "better" than him? Or he should be grateful you pay attention to him when you're "bored"?
    Nooooo you didnt read it correctly.

That was about another guy i was speaking to on the same app..who kept promising we will meet but not setting a date..and that guy in my opinion was a loser/short/and average in looks.

That wasnt about the one this thread is about. Who is young/attractive and has established himself career wise

Leave this poor guy alone..... He is probably tired of the game you played and moved on. You should do so too and not make people waste their precious time anymore. Sorry to be rude but I walked in the guy’s shoes and he did the right thing to stop responding you.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Your behaviour doesn't prove it, though.

Do you not have a lot of real-life dating experience, or?
    I've met a whole host of people in real life.

Some really nasty and horrible people. No one can accuse me of having no experience. But ive met some terrible people online who lacked basic manners/were creepy/rude/tight.

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    He asked you to if you want to meet and you told him "I don't mind" If I was him and after all the hoops you had him jump through I would drop it totally. Either you are excited about meeting him or not. I would say not.

I have dealt with women like you many times and I learned to just drop it after a while. If I have to coax some woman into talking on the phone then she is in no condition to be in a healthy relationship. I am very patient and understanding but I also understand that there are a lot of people doing OLD that have no business being on the app. This guy was a trooper for hanging on so long and the worst part is you don't even know this guy at all since you haven't met. It isn't real until you meet in person.

Do one of two things:

1. Cal this guy today and apologize for being so flaking and tell him you would like to buy him a coffee and get to know him in person.

2. Hide your profile and figure out what your issues are so you do not drag some other poor guy down the same path again.

Lost
    Can't even buy anything or do anything due to the pandemic.
    Its just the worst time as well.
    But under normal circumstances would chose the first option

Platinum Member

Some really nasty and horrible people. No one can accuse me of having no experience. But ive met some terrible people online who lacked basic manners/were creepy/rude/tight.
    I only ask because you come across as inexperienced, if I may be blunt, which is what this guy was likely also thinking.

He's obviously not interested any longer, but hopefully you've learned some important lessons here for the future.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I only ask because you come across as inexperienced, if I may be blunt, which is what this guy was likely also thinking.

He's obviously not interested any longer, but hopefully you've learned some important lessons here for the future.
    From what i know hes been in a couple of relationships.
    The last one he said left him.

I guess i do come across inexperienced. Im young anyway but i always have had this young spirit too.

I'll raise a glass to that.

Hear, hear.

But.

They're everywhere. And it comes with the dating territory. Be kind to yourself and take breaks with online dating if you feel your heart isn't into it. From what I'm reading, it doesn't appear like you're ready to take that leap of faith even though it's ugly, horrible and sometimes downright comical out there.

Don't live in fear!

I feel like you are fearful. It's good to be afraid. It reminds us of our limitations and the past but staying stuck there is a neverending loop. Use your fears like markers... or? Like a vaccine or an antibody that your body develops to a virus. You grow and develop yourself like you grow antibodies to different fears.

Keep growing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice