Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Work Crush: Cautious or Uninterested?

I very well could have been overthinking his actions, and with that came a desire to kind of decode it all.

I definitely donít want to ruin my reputation or make our working relationship a weird one.

I texted him outside of the typical 9-5 hours because of when I came across the item I saw online. We sometimes work outside of typical hours because of the nature of our jobs, but I admit I could use some improvement in the work/life balance area.

He may be a bit more balanced there and it could point to the reason he didnít respond until the following week. I donít want to make him uncomfortable, I donít want to embarrass myself and I donít want to jeopardize my job, so Iíll stop overthinking.

He is talented at communicating ideas in ways that make you care or drive you to take action. Collaborating with him has already proven to elevate my work and Iíve been able to contribute content to him that is of value and beneficial to us both.

Originally Posted by Benson08
    He is talented at communicating ideas in ways that make you care or drive you to take action.
    This is great. It means you can relax and quit trying to decode him. If he wants to get more personal with you, he'll have no trouble letting you know--clearly.

Head high.

Contribute content to him? Is he a client or a partner?

It is ok to have crushes. Just keep things in perspective like what you're doing. I'm sure your enthusiasm comes through. If he's a client or partner (you both work as a partnership), I'd err on the side of caution. I don't think you've done anything wrong at all. It sounds like he's a valuable aspect of your work and somewhat of a muse and inspiration. Individuals like that have vision and have a knack for anticipating the needs of a group or an individual before the group or the individual is even aware of what they need. If he is as intuitive and perceptive as you say, it's doubtful that he doesn't see your efforts. He's just not responding as eagerly as he may have his own reasons.

Leave out any flirting or personal questions of emails from now onwards or any text-based formats. I don't recall you mentioning anything of that sort anyway but even if he pops up one day and sends a flirty text or email, don't respond. Call him instead. If you see each other in person, you can get to know each other a little better. He may be with someone else or in a relationship. Keep the personal conversations to in-person only or phone calls if you feel more comfortable with each other later.

Platinum Member
    He is interested in you as a work connection, not a romantic one. He doesn't contact you for months at a time. That should be an important factor. And he never has asked you anything personal - its always industry related.

Great point you make there. Thank you.

Partner would be the best description. Weíre not obligated to work together, but we identified opportunities to do so and have been taking advantage of it.

That makes a lot of sense. We have been professional because we are both genuinely interested in the work we do.

I donít get flirty with someone or feel interested in them without some sort of prompting on their part. This is different in that I thought I sensed something before the other person ever verbally expressed anything. If Iím wrong about it then Iíve saved us both the trouble of flirting with an uninterested person by avoiding any flirty actions.

Canít argue with facts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice