LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: what do we do

Originally Posted by Darcus30
    sick of this emotional roller coaster now . When will I feel better guys n girls? Just drinking myself to death here
    Please contact your doctor. You will be no good to your kids constantly drunk and/or dying from alcohol-related liver failure.

You need to focus on the kids and co-parenting. If you continue drowning in booze it will worsen your loneliness. Why not go to AA meetings? It would help your isolation and help you find better ways to cope. Did she leave because of the drinking?

Darcus.

When will I feel better guys n girls? Just drinking myself to death here

You will feel infinitely better when you stop the self-torture (malignant hoping and the to and fro with your ex), and when you start working yourself towards getting better. And yes, the alcohol will kill you if you carry on like this. So, if annihilation is your goal then you are headed in the right direction. Is that fair to your children? As Wiseman said focus on your children and parenting.

no didnt split cause of drink. I dont mean I'm an alcoholic. Just a few cans of beer. Dont get drunk or anything like that. Sorry if I mislead you all.

Originally Posted by Darcus30
    no didnt split cause of drink. I dont mean I'm an alcoholic. Just a few cans of beer. Dont get drunk or anything like that. Sorry if I mislead you all.
    You said you were drinking yourself to death. That's a huge difference from "a few cans of beer".

It's usual for people with an alcohol problem to minimize. It's their way of excusing continuing to drink because they don't want to stop.

Please get help for the drinking. You cannot be there as a father for your kids if you're incapacitated by drinking.

And you keep looking to your ex to make you feel better. Since she is the one who left you that doesn't make sense. Try to look to your kids as a source of strength and inspiration to get through this phase in your life.

Fully agree Bolt

"And you keep looking to your ex to make you feel better. Since she is the one who left you that doesn't make sense"

Doesn't make sense I know but its called love and 20yrs is a lonv time. In the UK the saying drinking your self to death is just that! I dont thknk 2 cans of beer is that bad to be honest

You are contradicting yourself Darcus. Of course there is nothing wrong with a few cans of beer, and no one said otherwise.

And no (and I am over here too!) no one says that unless they are actually downing the few bottles of vodka a day.

In the UK the saying drinking your self to death is just that!

I take it by "just that" you mean it is simply a saying?

However, the few cans of beer are not the point, are they? It's the imagining what is never going to return. That is not love, that is obsession.

As Bolt said:

"Try to look to your kids as a source of strength and inspiration to get through this phase in your life."

Remember when Wiseman said this to you some months back:

"You're too old to waste time like this on someone who just doesn't care. Get out and get involved in life again d so you're not ruminating and tempted to contact."
    Last edited by LaHermes; 08-05-2020 at 07:25 AM.

You need to accept the relationship is over so you can focus on the kids and move forward.

so are you saying people don't get back together, it does happen

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice