Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Thread: what do we do

hi, no he is never there and wouldn't go if he was. Ita strange cause she always goes to his and stays over but he never comes to hers? Being brutally honest as I appreciate u all are, why does she call me every day? Is it guilt? Does she miss me or what?
    I'm over the worst now but just entriged.
    Its ljke when we have phone calls I now end the call but before would be hanging on like some lapdog lol

I sigh yet again as I read this:

[I]"What I'm saying is if she reaches out and I dont respond then if she wanted to get back together and I say im not popping in then she may go off the idea."[/I]

She doesn't WANT to "get back together" Darcus.

All the posters have told you why she calls you every day:

Brutally honest:

a) because you let her, and b) she probably gets a rise out of it.

You said some days back it would be strictly business from now on, and there is nothing to stop you saying to her, in the most direct fashion, that she is NOT to phone you unless it is to (briefly) discuss a matter pertaining to the children. No chit-chat, no "laughs", no reminiscing. You get the picture.

This will go on for all eternity unless you take a stance.

She has a new man in her life, so now, OP, it is a question of having dignity and keeping strictly to business.

Originally Posted by Darcus30
    hi, no he is never there and wouldn't go if he was. Ita strange cause she always goes to his and stays over but he never comes to hers? Being brutally honest as I appreciate u all are, why does she call me every day? Is it guilt? Does she miss me or what?
    I'm over the worst now but just entriged.
    Its ljke when we have phone calls I now end the call but before would be hanging on like some lapdog lol
    Darcus, we already answered this question multiple times.

I can envision you being like my friend, still waiting for her to come back to you 25 years from now. Sitting alone, waiting and hoping while your life passes you by. That just seems so sad to me. But if that's how you want to spend the next 25 years that is certainly your choice.

I know and I do appreciate it! I'm having a bad day today, always do on a Sunday, trying to ne strong for my daughter that lives with me. I'm trying to move on, how long does this take. I am stable not a split personality somedays I'm positive and think if she dont want me then thats just how it is then others really emotional and soo tempted to reach out (I dont) she text me today asking if im ok again. Why does she do this?
    Cheers guys and girls

We've already answered this Darcus:

she text me today asking if im ok again. Why does she do this?

Did you tell her straight up (as advised here) that you do not wish to receive any communication from her that is not strictly relating to your children? And if not, why not?

Moving on will take a LOT less time if you would just take the significant amount of advice given here. And drinking won't help, at all.

Same question you've asked several times already. And it's been answered several times.

You feel bad because you keep allowing her to use you. And you refuse to do anything to make it stop. Period.

Originally Posted by Darcus30
    I'm trying to move on, how long does this take.
    Depends on where you keep putting your focus.
    If you keep it fixed where it's been, then the answer is 'never'.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice