Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does he want me back or a friendship with me after to years?

He's being very unclear because he wants everything to stay in limbo. ( meaning no committement). That's the little game he's playing. You, on the other hand, are playing "the cool " girl game because you are afraid to make him disapear with your questions.
    By silencing your concerns you are validating his whishy whashy attitude and you are putting your self in a very vulnerable position since you are letting him decide where this go.
    If you continue that game, you guys will eventually kiss, have sex etc and despite all his affection you'll realise that it is still not a relationship, more a friends with benefit situation.

Be clear with him.about what you want and don't settle for less.

I followed all of your advice and got a straight answer from him. Y'all were right. Thank for your help. I appreciated.

What did you ask and how did he answer?
    Originally Posted by lollipop300
    I followed all of your advice and got a straight answer from him. Y'all were right. Thank for your help. I appreciated.

I told him this:

Hello Bob (fictional name),

I hope you are doing great.
    Listen I think it's better if we cut ties you and I. I've been lying to myself thinking I would be able to be friend with you but the truth is I've had you in the back of my mind in the past couple of days. I can't only be friends with you. I know that deep down, I want more. It got me questionning myself and whatever happened between us, and if we could give it another shot.

Anyways, at the end of the day I know you are doing more than fine and I am glad that we don't despite eachothers.

Thank you for everything.

Here is his reply:

Look I respect you honesty and to be for real it's hard and weird for me that we could be friends but I was still trying as I really respect you. The last thing I want to be is a distraction in your life so of me not being in it will help you, I will honor it.

Just know one thing my door is always open for you and if you are stuck or in trouble you know where to find me l, my phone is always open.

Stay safe and don't forget live your life to the fullest don't settle for any less than the best. 🙏🏽

So its clear now that he is not interested in having a live relationship with me otherwise he would have say something. So it's okay, there is a limit to desesperation. I will let him go and move on.

Yes, he would have said so if he felt the same as you.

Good for you for looking out for yourself.

There are men out there who will be a much better fit and who you won't have to deal with "commitment issues".

As much as this might hurt in this moment, I really hope that this is your final closure and frees you to move on at long last. Life is too short to be stuck on someone who was never on the same page as you. Hope you put this all behind you and start looking forward to a brighter future soon. Hugs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice