Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is he on rebound?

He seem to casually speak about the past a lot. He got a call in-between which he said he has to attend and after the call he was venting full time. It is pretty clear he is using me as a therapist. I did indirectly mention to him that this date doesn't count as a date as he was full time venting.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by TanyaJo
    He seem to casually speak about the past a lot. He got a call in-between which he said he has to attend and after the call he was venting full time. It is pretty clear he is using me as a therapist. I did indirectly mention to him that this date doesn't count as a date as he was full time venting.
    Why not just bid him farewell?

Are you planning on seeing this guy again?

No definitely not. I am putting an end to this. Thanks all for the advice.

Dodged a bullet. First class jerk.
    I am putting an end to this. Thanks all for the advice.

Thanks! yes. The fact that he feels so annoyed and hurt when I ask him if he is over his past says a lot that he isn't over it yet.

Silver Member
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but good news is you dodged a bullet for sure.

I thought I'll give an update on this. Yes! dodged a bullet for sure.

Something happened that hurt and upset me so much, it even made me question if I was at fault.

We never met for a 3rd date as I was unsure. Surprisingly he went quiet too and all of a sudden texted me that, "something shocking has happened in his life and it is alarming". He said his ex wife gave birth to a baby. At this point, I was laughing out loud of shock and surprise not sure what to do as he already has a 2 year old. I wanted to be a nice human being at this point and I said, Pls take all the time you need and sort this thing out as he was unsure if the baby was his (later it turned out to be his). I did not appreciate the fact that he did not trust his ex wife on this part. I wanted him to be supportive to his family instead of dating at this point. His ex wife needs support for sure.

A week and two has gone, next week he texted me that he isn't feeling very well otherwise we could have met for a 3rd date. At this point I was very sure the date isn't happening and this will slowly go cold. I was okay with it and texted him back to take care of his health. Next few days I see him online all the time but he has not replied to my message of "How is your health?". I assumed that he is ghosting me and I confronted him that "you said you would be upfront if you have met someone new, but despite seeing you online for a couple of days you ignored my text" .

Then he came back with this massive accusation of "He is dealing with family issues and instead of asking him if everything is okay, I am being impatient and I also have trust issues and I assume bad out of any situation" to which I replied,
    I have met you only twice and honestly this dating phase is supposed to be fun but it isnt. I am being understanding of your situation and trying not to leave you at your worst but "trust issues and impatience" is the tag I got in return for it. He instantly, right when I am typing blocked me. This has never happened to me and I am unsure what I've done to cause this and Who deals with family issues at 12.00 am in the night? Has he met someone? or has he decided to sort things with his ex wife as now he is a father of 2?

I am not hurt about the fact that we did not proceed with the date as this had a lot of red flag right from the start. What hurts me more is, do I deserve to be blocked for being supportive?
    Usually it is understandable that if you block someone who repeatedly sends texts and you don't appreciate it. I sent just one text the day before and one yesterday asking about his health. Do I really deserve this?

Sad part is, I lost confidence in going back to the app and starting a conversation with anyone :(

It is not about losing this guy but about the bitter experience like this making me lose faith in man kind.

Go ahead and keep dating. This was a great lesson in identifying red flags and cutting your losses asap. Next time, just say " we're not a match" , delete, block and happily move forward.

Dragging out drama because of sheer curiosity unfortunately will burn you out and make dating very unpleasant not to mention futile.

Keep in mind dating is not social work or reality TV. If you want to end it, end it not drag it out with chitchat about his health , wife, kids, etc.

do I deserve to be blocked for being supportive?
    Don't read too much into it. He doesn't seem to be dealing with a full deck. He got his wife pregnant three months before their divorce was final. Obviously he doesn't make logical decisions.

True but being blocked is so hurtful :(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

TV Romance Can Ruin Real-Life Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice