Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I Meet him for a Conversation?

Party animals are not partners. Never be someone's live-in maid to this extreme.

His mother contacted you from overseas to tell you to stop picking on her son and 'saying mean things' to him.

She may have encouraged him to toss you out, that's fine, let his mother or buddy wipe his heinie now. A man better than this guy will be very easy to find.
    Originally Posted by charbyrde
    He got himself in the habit of playing video games for 10 - 12 hours a day, and smoking pot every couple hours every single day.

It has been 2 weeks since the break up, he's been gone for a week now traveling BC with a buddy.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 06-08-2020 at 02:33 PM.

I think in some respect, OP, you are feeling hurt and miss him. And we all understand that. It's hard...

But as many have pointed out, this relationship is pretty lopsided, in a variety of categories. His maturity & work ethic do not match yours. His mother is a buttinski. He completely disrespected your privacy, flew off the handles and threw you out of house, in a holier than thou melt down.

Now, you hear through the grapevine, that he wants to see you and you're ready to jump.

Meanwhile, he is off having a good time, traveling with a friend during a global pandemic. Granted I don't know your area... There is still a lot of social distancing and trying to reduce the spread happening all over. My point is, just one more example of poor judgment, that stinks of his "me, me, me" attitude.

A responsible adult would be looking to get a job or working a job to make up for lost income. Not wasting more on a joy trip in an unstable economy.

And let's not forget his pot smoking, video gaming, non chore doing track record.

From where I sit, you dodged a bullet and I would be gone for good.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Lambert
    His mother is a buttinski
    What does this mean? Is it the Russified version of butt? lol

Originally Posted by dias
    What does this mean? Is it the Russified version of butt? lol
    Yeah

"Butt-in" as in "nosy."

Buttinski.

Could be Polish, too....

In US/UK English slang:[Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by dias
    What does this mean?
    Here's a special button for you to tab for the pronunciation:
    [Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    In US/UK English slang:[Register to see the link]

Here's a special button for you to tab for the pronunciation:
    [Register to see the link]
    Lol.

I learned something valuable today.

He wants to meet to hear you out? Yet, he's baiting you into doing the asking and my guess is he hopes you will do the begging as well.

He ended it and threw you out. What efforts has he made to make this right, other than baiting a friend to be his messenger?

I agree with a previous response . .that he's making you pay for asking him to man-up. If he had any insight, the private comments you made with your friends might ring true for him. He should be calling you apologizing.

If you find yourself defending yourself again, you'll also likely find yourself in a one down position with this guy.
    What is the best that you can hope for? He'll magically grow up and mature? Remember he quit a good job to take the easy route. That's a sign of his character. Character traits don't magically change.

No doubt you regret what happened. It would be interesting to see if he took any responsibility for his part. It appears he sees himself as the victim.

Ya I agree you did nothing wrong with asking him to step up...but you should have not ended the conversation there. Running to your GFs is not how to solve your issues...plus it should have been kept private. That's done now anyways.... things fell apart for a reason...this relationship ran it's course because he stopped caring, and that's good enough reason to not continue this relationship.

It was private. While she was working and he was home bingeing on weed and video games, he broke into and rifled through her devices and accounts, snooping through her private communications. Having trusted confidants is a valuable part of friendship. Especially when there is substance abuse and other questionable behavior.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Running to your GFs is not how to solve your issues...plus it should have been kept private.

No, don't meet up with him. You're mismatched with him.

You are a health professional. Be with a health conscious man who is industrious, doesn't smoke pot nor play video games and a more health conscious person. Also, economics helps tremendously. Be with a man who has great money flow so the rest of your life is smoother.

Also, be with a man who has similar habits as yours such as a daily productive guy who isn't a slob.

He's a sneaky snoop and once trust had been irrevocably broken, it's over. Done. Finished. Get rid of the jerk from your life.

Decline meeting him. He has already shown his true colors to you, commanded you to move out of the apartment and he never wants to see you again. Hold it to him, then. Make him eat his words. Move on. You deserve better. You're a nurse and have economic power. Use it to your advantage. You can afford to become very picky and choosy. Never settle for crumbs in this society.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice