Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Breaking up! Advice

Breaking up! Advice

I was seeing my GF for nearly 2 years, she suffered with IBS and was intolerant to a-lot of foods, if you refer to my last post it goes into more info.

The relationship was ending and we haven't spoken in 6 days. I have texted her and she wont respond which is very much unlike her, I feel quite low about it ending and having no response as her instagram has pictures of us kissing and looks like we are still together, will she respond? Is she healing? I am not sure why the silence maybe its for the best we both part ways now.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Did you break up with her?

Sorry to hear this. Ending it is a good call. It will be sad and there will be nostalgia about the good times, but you were incompatible and growing increasingly resentful of her health limitations and already looking forward to dating someone new.

She has probably talked to her friends and family and they may have advised her to go no Contact. Give her space and make a clean break.
    Originally Posted by Cenk
    The relationship was ending and we haven't spoken in 6 days. I have texted her and she wont respond which is very much unlike her, I feel quite low about it ending and having no response as her instagram has pictures of us kissing and looks like we are still together, will she respond? Is she healing? I am not sure why the silence maybe its for the best we both part ways now.

You said the relationship is ending. Who ended it?

Gold Member
    Of course, it's sad but if the relationship was ending, let it be. It's probably for the better. She has her reasons for not responding, so respect her decision. If she wants, she knows how to contact her.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Nobody heals in a week. Don’t expect an answer if you broke up with her.

Since she's not responding, let it be. Don't do anything. You should permanently part ways without any contact whatsoever. Silence is a way of telling you that she or anyone doesn't wish to be bothered so get the message and go your own way in life.

I always follow other people's cue. Try doing the same.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like she’s taken the initiative to go no contact. You should do the same.

Platinum Member
    The relationship sounds like it was a lot of work, with the entire focus on a health problem that she did not want to address. Do you really want to return to a relationship that was so unfulfilling?

What percentage of the relationship was about her issues?

Honestly, I cannot fathom why you tolerated this for sooooooo long: "If I mention to her about seeking help she basically says a doctor can't help and I'm left feeling a bit bewildered by everything and stuck. She thinks she is right and doesn't want my advice but just wants to vent but I can't keep hearing the same thing everyday."

" I have even said to her about seeing a therapist to vent to as I can't be that person everyday from morning until night. It is a power struggle and its her opinions vs mine when I am trying to be helpful and not pushy with anything."

"My gf is the one whom puts me into a position where her only topic of conversation is her ibs and what surrounds that."

All of this is too much. You really need to address why you were with this woman. That's on you!
    Last edited by Hollyj; 06-08-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice