LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex suddenly turned disrespectful

Ex suddenly turned disrespectful

Hi guys, has anyone experienced an ex suddenly being totally disrespectful & selfish after the previous contact was really kind and the total opposite?
    Why would exes do that? After 7 months since the breakup happened I got treated like that from him for the first time yesterday and I was speechless cuz it was like I was facing a total different person plus I felt taken for granted big time...
    Little background: a week ago I directly asked him if there might be a chance for reconciliation some day and he replied "I don't know right now. There so much on my work going on". When I replied to this with a heartfelt text and told him that there are still feelings left from my side, he dismissed the text, dismissed my honesty and dismissed my feelings (and I didn't get a reply) and last night I got a text which was disrespectful and kinda arrogant and had nothing to do with my past messages.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    What he is telling you is , no, there is no reconciliation and there are no left over feelings or things to rehash. It is probably difficult to hear. Is this something you brought up more than once ?

Platinum Member
    I thought that you deleted and blocked him in April?

I suggest you go back and read your first thread. he does not want to reconcile and does not respect you. He simply enjoyed the attention.

Time to move on, and block and delete.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    What he is telling you is , no, there is no reconciliation and there are no left over feelings or things to rehash. It is probably difficult to hear. Is this something you brought up more than once ?
    No I brought it up only once and I rather already thought it's gonna be a no instead of this "mabey" stuff but I decided for myself I will completely go no contact for now . Won't tolerate this kind of behaviour from him under any circumstances.

It's probably best not to initiate any contact with him if you feel unsettled and upset by his lack of communication or not being able to communicate clearly with you about where he stands.

I think it triggered a lot of discomfort and awkwardness and not everyone is able to handle that in the spur of the moment or on the spot.

If you can, slow your roll a little. Getting angry at him just hurts you in the end and you end up carrying that bitterness and anger to your other relationships. There is no use in getting upset at someone for not being able to reciprocate what you feel. He is his own person after all, just as you are your own person.

Cry it out or get mad if you need to but love yourself too and be kind to yourself. You didn't do anything wrong by talking about your feelings. He also didn't do anything wrong by being awkward and dismissive. I think you should congratulate yourself for your honesty and openness and don't lose those traits about yourself or dampen your enthusiasm with bitterness over this break up.

Chin up... onwards and forwards.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SweetPotatoe
    last night I got a text which was disrespectful and kinda arrogant and had nothing to do with my past messages.
    It means he's not interested in reconciling and probably wants you leave him be. Maybe he's dating someone else and doesn't want your texts running interference; maybe he's just tired of talking about it and want you to drop the matter.

Sorry, girl. You need to let go of him now. He's making it clear he doesn't want to try again.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    It means he's not interested in reconciling and probably wants you leave him be. Maybe he's dating someone else and doesn't want your texts running interference; maybe he's just tired of talking about it and want you to drop the matter.

Sorry, girl. You need to let go of him now. He's making it clear he doesn't want to try again.
    Thank you for the clearly stated message. And I don't even try to fight this because after all even if it hurts, you're probably just right. And I know I deserve so much better than that

Platinum Member
    Yes, it's best to cease all contact now. It's been 7 months; I imagine you're ready to be done with waiting around, no?

No..... I stop talking to my exes the day I dump them......

Sorry to hear this. He is trying to push you away because you keep contacting him about this. Let go, stay no contact.
    Originally Posted by SweetPotatoe
    a week ago I directly asked him if there might be a chance for reconciliation some day and he replied "I don't know right now. There so much on my work going on".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice