There was this guy that I was extremely interested in. He claimed to be interest in my as well. He would always want to hang out with me and I loved it. He said he was interested in going further with me. Things turned for the worst in the end. We have a mutual friend and I remember he would tell me to be careful friending her. He said the she was “emotionally unstable and young” and she was “trying to get with him and wanted him” he kept saying he wanted to hang out with me and missing me. So a few days after that he invites me over to watch a movie together. He keeps telling me how much he misses me and all and hates when I leave. During that time together I notice he constantly on his phone. I don’t snoop so I leave it alone. Him next to me I see that he is literally texting out mutal friend sexual and lovey dovey stuff. I see this because he is showing me something on his phone and the text pops up. I don’t say anything about it either I just keep a mental note. I wanted to wait to see if he will be truthful with me.

So days go by and I see him again lovey dovey on her social media dedicating songs to her and all this. I don’t have social media myself but my best friend saw it and showed me. I was crushed. Like both of them are being so fake to me. He sat there and told me “negative” things about her and of course told me not to friend her anymore because she would get on the way. Smh. She was talking to me about him like he meant nothing. I feel really played. He doesn’t even think I know anything. He is still trying to spend time with me. He still reaches out to me. And she does the same. Like why play me like that. I am a genuine person and there is no need to play with my feelings like that. If you wanted her that bad don’t speak to me about her in a negative way. The whole time we were hanging out he was talking to her and telling her the same sweet nothings behind my back. He the one who approached me on wanting something more. I let my guard down and all. Smh. I haven’t even been intimate with this man and it still cuts deep. I feel my time was wasted. They both were fake to me. Why he still calling me wanting to hang out if he is a lovey with her wth!!! This shot my self esteem down big time. Please help me. He literally texted me saying he wanted to see me yesterday. He clearly doesn’t think I know. He is doing all this behind her back.

Delete, block him. He doesn't deserve anymore than that.

As for your self esteem, I know it's tough to see but this says something about them as people, not you. They are the one's who have something wrong with them. Cheaters, liars, betrayers. Bad morals. Just all around, lower grade type of people. Don't let their poor behavior fool you into thinking that it means anything bad about you.

All it means is that you, unfortunately, got caught up with the wrong people.

But also keep in mind, that not everyone is like them. There are lots of men who do not behave that way and know how to treat women well. There are good women out there too, who will be genuine friends with you and won't betray you or try to fool you.

Get as far away from these two as possible and look for better people to befriend and date. You'll be much happier.

Sorry to hear this. He was playing both of you. Depending on how much you consider her a friend, give her the head's up that he is cheating on her. He probably tells her the same crap he told you.

Delete and block him without explanation on all social media and messaging apps. He may use the "we''re not exclusive" excuse, whatever so don't bother with any further communication.

I feel really played. The whole time we were hanging out he was talking to her and telling her the same sweet nothings behind my back.

Are you sure you're not being pranked? This sounds like a lame joke.

Call their bluff and leave them to each other. Don't waste any time on this anymore. They were banking on you feeling sorry for yourself and down about it. Next time he texts you, just say "hahaha" and block/delete. Copy/paste the same to her, then block/delete.

There was this guy that I was extremely interested in. He claimed to be interest in my as well. He would always want to hang out with me and I loved it. He said he was interested in going further with me. Things turned for the worst in the end. We have a mutual friend and I remember he would tell me to be careful friending her. He said the she was “emotionally unstable and young” and she was “trying to get with him and wanted him” he kept saying he wanted to hang out with me and missing me. So a few days after that he invites me over to watch a movie together. He keeps telling me how much he misses me and all and hates when I leave. During that time together I notice he constantly on his phone. I don’t snoop so I leave it alone. Him next to me I see that he is literally texting out mutal friend sexual and lovey dovey stuff. I see this because he is showing me something on his phone and the text pops up. I don’t say anything about it either I just keep a mental note. I wanted to wait to see if he will be truthful with me.

So days go by and I see him again lovey dovey on her social media dedicating songs to her and all this. I don’t have social media myself but my best friend saw it and showed me. I was crushed. Like both of them are being so fake to me. He sat there and told me “negative” things about her and of course told me not to friend her anymore because she would get on the way. Smh. She was talking to me about him like he meant nothing. I feel really played. He doesn’t even think I know anything. He is still trying to spend time with me. He still reaches out to me. And she does the same. Like why play me like that. I am a genuine person and there is no need to play with my feelings like that. If you wanted her that bad don’t speak to me about her in a negative way. The whole time we were hanging out he was talking to her and telling her the same sweet nothings behind my back. He the one who approached me on wanting something more. I let my guard down and all. Smh. I haven’t even been intimate with this man and it still cuts deep. I feel my time was wasted. They both were fake to me. Why he still calling me wanting to hang out if he is a lovey with her wth!!! This shot my self esteem down big time. Please help me. He literally texted me saying he wanted to see me yesterday. He clearly doesn’t think I know. He is doing all this behind her back.

Personally, I would text him back saying enjoy your time with my friend and please don't text me again I deserve better. I know that may be difficult but it will give him the reality check he so deserves.

Please don't surround yourself with people that don't want the best for you, there's too many decent people out there. You need only distance yourself from negative so called "friends". You'll find a guy that loves you for you and not your friends

I thank you all for the great advice. I just was hurt by this because he always made himself to be a upfront and transparent person. But I was fooled in the end. I met the girl through him. I felt like she was only kind of contacting me to get some sort of information. I feel they were dealing with each other for the whole time. He would invite me over constantly but always leave the room number plus of times so a lot of the time I was at his house I was by myself while he was on the phone. If he like her soooo much why bother me? Why have me on the side? Why talk negative about a girl you are so interested in? Was it to throw me off I assume. Like why waste me damn time? He knew what he was doing this entire time. It hurt to feel he chose her over me and I keep thinking what I did wrong to make him do that.

I thank you all for the great advice. I just was hurt by this because he always made himself to be a upfront and transparent person. But I was fooled in the end. I felt like she was only kind of contacting me to get some sort of information. I feel they were dealing with each other for the whole time. He would invite me over constantly but always leave the room number plus of times so a lot of the time I was at his house I was by myself while he was on the phone. If he like her soooo much why bother me? Why have me on the side? Why talk negative about a girl you are so interested in? Was it to throw me off I assume. Like why waste me damn time? He knew what he was doing this entire time. It hurt to feel he chose her over me and I keep thinking what I did wrong to make him do that.

Follow your gut instincts. If it sounds, smells, feels fishy, it probably is. The more you dwell on this the more you're wasting your time on someone who didn't give you the time of day.

Yes, it sounds like they were in cahoots. And yes, it sounds like it was probably a game or something to one up each other. There are all kinds of people there.

You're hurt. That is ok and it's your instincts telling you what they're doing is wrong/dumb/idiotic and even hurtful and shows lack of conscience for others or compassion. All round psychopaths.

Take it as a lesson though.

How did you meet him?

I'm sorry this happened, but I'd refuse to participate in their little games, as this is simply giving them the upper hand. The writing is on the wall, he's demonstrated what he's all about, and obviously a friend to no one.

Give yourself the gift of walking away with your head held high, and leave them on their little playground.

Archived