My girlfriend broke up with me she still text me everyday and snapchat me cute photos. Says good morning and good night. We lived together for 6 months and dated for 3 years. She left cause we didnt do much together because I got really sick and developed anxiety. Then at night I couldnt sleep so I got up and did stuff. Which she didnt like. So she left. Its been three months, like I said we still talk on the phone and say good night and good morning. Now I'm helping her fix her laptop for a second time. First time we hung out and did it. But now she just left it with me cause she's scared of covid. She says she still loves me but just not as much as she used to. She still wheres the promise ring I got her to on the day we started to date every month. She says she just needs time to think. She would let me know soon. She also said she's been happier since we broke up. So am I holding out hope here for no reason and should I just move on? What can I do if we never hang out?

What she is doing is using you to get over you. Listen to what she said point blank - she is happier away from you. That tells you everything you need to know - it's over. Stop the contact, start healing and moving on yourself. Stop doing her favors. It won't bring her back or fix your relationship - it's literally helping her move on. She has the parts of you that she likes and doesn't have to deal with parts of you that she doesn't. When you are there at her beck and call, she doesn't even get to miss you or even stop and think about that.

If what ended your relationship are personal issues like health and anxiety, then you need to focus on fixing that for your own sake and well being. Go to a doctor, figure out what's going on with you. Do not let the doctor just give you some pills to treat the symptom - demand better answers as to the cause and fix that. As for your ex, stop being her doormat and start taking care of yourself. Even if she wanted to return to the relationship, what do you have to offer to her right now? Same old same old? It's why you broke up and she won't come back to that.

Well, he already let her drop off the laptop. He agreed to help her. On his other thread he admits thinking it will make her want to reconcile.

Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.

OP, this is over. She is not worth pursuing any longer.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully she is not stringing you along. It would be best to let her miss you and go No Contact so you can reflect and consider what is best for you.

She left cause we didnt do much together because I got really sick and developed anxiety.

Its been three months, like I said we still talk on the phone and say good night and good morning.

I'm helping her fix her laptop for a second time.

She says she just needs time to think. She also said she's been happier since we broke up.

You didn't listen to the posters in your last forum post, all in the majority with the same advice, who ended up being right. Will you listen to what the majority is saying this this time? If not, why bother posting more of the same in the future?

This is a good strategy on all fronts. It will give you the peace and space you need to reflect, decide what is going on and how you want to proceed from there.

once she gets it back I'll go no contact and ignore her. Then she will realize what she lost

YOu got ill and she left. Not a good partner unless you are saying she gave you ample time and chances to recover and you didn't do so out of laziness. That is on you then.

It's over, get some self-respect and block and delete her. She offers you nothing.

Archived