Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Should I call back?.....

  1. #11
    Super Moderator Capricorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,802
    OP, with all due respect, you asked a really simple question: "Should I call back?". My vote went for a simple "yes". Others may disagree and say no. It really shouldn't be that difficult. If you really like her, go with your gut. Call her. If you don't really feel it, then don't.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,989
    Originally Posted by Sixersfan234
    wait.. lemme get this straight... I call her, and she doesnít answer the phone... if I donít call her again, it looks like IM playing games?.... maybe I came to the wrong forum for advise lol
    Well clearly you are wondering if she is playing games simply because she didnít pick up when you called ?

    Since you think that then donít call her back.

    You started this game playing by telling her you are not on the app often. Dropping the ball in her court. She responded. But not at a time that was agreeable to you. So you offer to call another time. She doesnít pick up!? She may or may not have noticed you called depending on her phone signal. But still , you said you would contact her. So contact her!

    And if you are interested then you wonít have visited the app you told her you rarely use.
    If you have visited it , then prepare for the fact that she might know and therefore have no reason to trust you or answer your call?

    Why are you stressing about calling her? What have you got to lose? Or gain?

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    UK
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1
    Gender
    Male
    At the very least you should send her a message asking if she missed your call. This is no reason to drop communication with her.

    Can I ask if the situation has progressed since the initial post sixers fan?

  4. #14
    Bronze Member Eliza50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    168
    Gender
    Female
    I'd text her saying that I've called her and asking when is a good time for her to call again.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    70
    I swear.. some of you guys donít read.. I mentioned in my post that I CALLED HER, but she didnít pick up.. I donít understand why some of you guys keep saying...ďyou said you would call her, so call herĒ... and for others commenting on how I use my app.. that has nothing to do with my question.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    70
    Originally Posted by AidanL
    At the very least you should send her a message asking if she missed your call. This is no reason to drop communication with her.

    Can I ask if the situation has progressed since the initial post sixers fan?
    the situation has not progressed.. I may just shoot a txt today to let her know I called

  8. #17
    Platinum Member Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,707
    Originally Posted by Sixersfan234
    I swear.. some of you guys donít read.. I mentioned in my post that I CALLED HER, but she didnít pick up.. I donít understand why some of you guys keep saying...ďyou said you would call her, so call herĒ... and for others commenting on how I use my app.. that has nothing to do with my question.
    The thing is you look like you're playing games because:

    1. you say you want to move off the app and ask her to contact you

    2. she does but, no no its too late

    3. you say you'll call around 5.
    6 is not around 5. around 5 is 5, 5:15. If you were meeting me, at a place and you said "I'll see you there around 5", would I still be there at 6? Hecks to the no.

    4. you did not leave a message.

    This equates to zero effort. you didn't even leave a message, like sorry, i am calling late because.... please give me a call back or I will try again at 8.

    All very rude for the beginning of A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP. Assuming you are looking to meet someone for a CARING, KIND RELATIONSHIP.

    What you are doing here, is cool boy. I'm so cool. I'll say 5 but call at 6. maybe i am intetested maybe I'm not. me. me. me.

    Anyone with respect, options and better manners is going to bail on this.

    If you're intetested and you must be... this post took longer than another call or a follow up text. Do something... me & my friends, we dint leave messages. we call and if no pick up, we text a quick- hey just calling to say hi!

    easy.

    Lastly, when you come to an internet forum for advice... take the advice that works for you and ignore the rest. The people who took time out of their life to help you, deseve better than rude responses.
    Last edited by Lambert; 06-03-2020 at 08:50 AM.

  9. #18
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    39,127
    Gender
    Male
    Unfortunately you don't seem too interested if you are resisting contact to this extreme. She has probably moved on to someone who communicates in a timely fashion rather than phone tag and games.
    Originally Posted by Sixersfan234
    told her to shoot me a text
    She contacted me later that evening, but it was late
    The next day I called her at 6 (yesterday) she didnít answer.. I didnít leave a voicemail or anything

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    70
    Originally Posted by Lambert
    The thing is you look like you're playing games because:

    1. you say you want to move off the app and ask her to contact you

    2. she does but, no no its too late

    3. you say you'll call around 5.
    6 is not around 5. around 5 is 5, 5:15. If you were meeting me, at a place and you said "I'll see you there around 5", would I still be there at 6? Hecks to the no.

    4. you did not leave a message.

    This equates to zero effort. you didn't even leave a message, like sorry, i am calling late because.... please give me a call back or I will try again at 8.

    All very rude for the beginning of A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP. Assuming you are looking to meet someone for a CARING, KIND RELATIONSHIP.

    What you are doing here, is cool boy. I'm so cool. I'll say 5 but call at 6. maybe i am intetested maybe I'm not. me. me. me.

    Anyone with respect, options and better manners is going to bail on this.

    If you're intetested and you must be... this post took longer than another call or a follow up text. Do something... me & my friends, we dint leave messages. we call and if no pick up, we text a quick- hey just calling to say hi!

    easy.

    Lastly, when you come to an internet forum for advice... take the advice that works for you and ignore the rest. The people who took time out of their life to help you, deseve better than rude responses.
    Your ridiculous...

    1. After I gave her my number she texted me at 10:30 at night.. it was late, and both of us were about to go to sleep.. I told her Iíd give her a call the next day... something came up, so I didnít call her until 6... itís a phone call... not a date....

    2. The fact that you think I have to be super aggressive with a women I never even met is crazy... I called.. she didnít pick up.. just because I didnít leave a voice mail doesnít mean Iím not into her...

  11. #20
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,932
    Gender
    Female
    OP

    With all due respect. The other posters are looking at the fact you called at 6 rather then the time you told her you would call which was 5. She probably took that as a sign of lack of interest on your part so she didnít pick up. Plus it may have ticked her off thinking your playing games by waiting an hour to call past the time you said you would!

    We all read your post.

    Try not to be so defensive when you come here asking for advice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos


Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •