An Indian Woman in Love with US soilder need love advice.

Prerna

I met a woman a few months ago on Linkedin. That woman was from US. I am a business consultant myself and her profile was also matching like a consult, so I accepted her request and then we were connected to each other on whatsaap. Then I saw her profile on Instagram and I messaged her on Instagram. I was stupefied by the answer that I got. I came to know that the woman I was talking to on Whatsapp for so long, I was actually a fake person. The woman on Instagram told me that she is an American soldier and is on duty in Afghanistan. There were quite a few posts related to the military in her profile. I was shocked. I told that woman everything. She told me that someone is misusing her identity and was probably a catfish. Then she introduced me to her senior. A very close friendship developed between me and her senior, then we also entered into a relationship. Everything was fine in the initial days. But as the days went by, my boyfriend started demanding money from me. Once I had even sent him 7 thousand rupees from the Amazon service, but he could not use the money, so I got the money refund. Now his demand for money has started increasing gradually. I am an Indian woman. And the rupee of our country is weak against the dollar, due to which I cannot give as much money as it asks for. This time he has demanded 1000 dollars from me which is 75 thousand Indian rupees and I do not have that much amount; my income is not even that much. Every time he says that I disrespect him. The woman who introduced me to my boyfriend does not even speak properly with me in turn she points out my fault all the time. That woman makes me realize how wrong I am again and again and I disrespect not only my boyfriend but also his dead wife and her two small children. Is money so important in a relationship? Is there no love without money? I feel so disrespected and I donÂ’t know what should I do.

I met a woman a few months ago on Linkedin. That woman was from US. The woman on Instagram told me that she is an American soldier and is on duty in Afghanistan. There were quite a few posts related to the military in her profile. I was shocked.

But as the days went by, my boyfriend started demanding money from me..

Sorry, I'm a little confused and maybe misunderstanding/misreading. Can you please clarify: You say you're an Indian woman and in love with a US soldier (female), but you also mention you have a boyfriend? ~confused~

The business consultant(female) and US soldier(also female) are using the same identity. This female person introduced the OP to a "senior" officer (the one she was in a relationship and sending money to). It's a 2-person scam.

Ohhhh, ok. Thanks! That makes more sense. Thank you.

It’s definitely a scam! Whatever you do don’t send any more money. Google military scams and you’ll find all the information needed. Plus there’s message boards out there that pertain specifically for reporting scammers! I used one years ago when a ‘military’ guy contacted me. We talked for two weeks and then he asked for money that’s when I blocked him and reported him on a site.

Please be careful and be safe!

Are we being scammed?

Never send money to anyone you have never met. They are not real until you meet and actually get to know them and who they are. The American military takes care of its own in a war zone and there is really no way to spend a lot of money in country anyways.

This of course is a scam and could be some guy in prison somewhere.

Be smart

Lost

OP if you have access to the Dr Phil show on tv, find some of his shows on catfishing as you are in the same boat as these people who have been conned out of their money. Learn how they operate, how they gain your trust, how they start getting money out of you. You are a VICTIM here of catfishing.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to all of you for advising me. I have blocked all of them, but I am still a little disappointed I do not want any girl to fall prey to such intrigue like me again. That's why I want to make another request to all of you. Please let me know where can I give much information about such scammers with picture. I would really feel happy if could save even one girl from such scammers.

Most governments have places to report romance scams

Many thanks to all of you for advising me. I have blocked all of them, but I am still a little disappointed I do not want any girl to fall prey to such intrigue like me again. That's why I want to make another request to all of you. Please let me know where can I give much information about such scammers with picture. I would really feel happy if could save even one girl from such scammers.

Archived