LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Trying or Stop Wasting Time

Keep Trying or Stop Wasting Time

If you (female) had a friend (male) that invites you out and the last 3 times you have given them these responses what should the male friend interpret from them? The male hasnít always given a lot of prior notice to the female.

1. Oh I wish I could but Iím getting my hair done and that takes a few hours. (Historically old excuse). I would never blow you off. I only get my hair done like once every four months at the salon. You can come down and visit me while Iím sitting waiting for my hair to process :-)

2. Hun wish I could, I have prior obligations. Darn 🤨

3. Yeah, darn. I already have plans. Donít stop asking.. One of these days itíll work.

I would not bother with someone who has these attitudes or plays these games.. Don't string anyone along.

If you don't like the guy or don't want to date him, be sincere rather than giving these obnoxious replies or trying to play hard to get.

If you think he only want's last minute hookups then lose his number rather than trying to train him like a dog obedience school with these responses.
    Originally Posted by m6r18p65
    1. Oh I wish I could but Iím getting my hair done and that takes a few hours.
    2. Hun wish I could, I have prior obligations.
    3. Yeah, darn. I already have plans. Donít stop asking.. One of these days itíll work.

Platinum Member
    Stop asking last minute

Ask her out on a proper date and then plan it for a day that she doesn't have prior obligations... whether that's a few days or a few weeks in advance.

If I were male and someone gave me these reasons previously, then Iíd call BS. Doesnít matter if I keep asking the woman last minute, Iíd assume she was too scared to admit she just doesnít want to hang out with me anymore.

I have an ever changing schedule. I find out on Wednesday what my schedule is starting 2 days later. Ie. On 05-aug I see that Iím off on 07-aug and 11-aug. Friday is 07-aug, ok maybe short notice but I canít plan 14-aug because I do not know yet if Iím off then.

Friendships/relationships should be equitable. Does she ever extend an invation?
    If you are doing all the asking and keep getting turned down, then it's time to stop.

I have an ever changing schedule. I find out on Wednesday what my schedule is starting 2 days later. Ie. On 05-aug I see that Iím off on 07-aug and 11-aug. Friday is 07-aug, ok maybe short notice but I canít plan 14-aug because I do not know yet if Iím off then.
    Asking on a Tues/Wed for a date on Friday is NOT short notice. A woman who is actually interested will be thrilled to go out with you and even move around, rearrange other plans if she has any. Last minute is asking Thursday or Friday to go out on Friday.

That said, if this is how she is speaking to you, please find some self respect and drop her cold. I wouldn't treat a cockroach like that and you shouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior from people ever. Most people would wash their hands of someone like that pretty fast. She isn't interested and she can't even manage to say so politely. Instead she is being rude and treating you like dirt hoping you'll eventually get the hint and go away.

Ok, she's jerking you around. Stop asking her out and lose her number.
    On 05-aug I see that Iím off on 07-aug and 11-aug.

I call BS on this! I think she does not want to go out with you and just doesn't want to tell you that. Move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice