Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: He met someone else but wants to keep in touch with me. Will he ever come back ?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by JustMay
    I also find it was rude to block me. It looked like an impulsive gesture, I canít explain it, for me this was extreme. He said ę sorry I was about to send you a text Ľ, maybe he was afraid his girlfriend would see it or he prefers to avoid any temptation to talk me (the only reasons I can think about).
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe she already found out your sexting and was upset and maybe that's why he had to block you so abruptly? ...

So he is not a cheater...yet??
    Because if someone tells you that he has a gf but at the same time wants to keep contact with you then what is the purpose? Time will tell. You will see if his texts are friendly or flirting. The latter would indentify a player.

I still wouldn't like the fact that he had me blocked without an explanation. Big turn off for a future relationship with him. It doesn't show much consideration for your feelings nor for what you guys shared.
    you'll have more answers in the futur.
    In the meantime , best not to contact him. Don't be his "friend" during his relationship. Be cordial but tell him you rather not be in contact. He'll know how to find you when he's single.

Try to meet locally it gives you a shot at a real and succesful relationship.
    Good luck

Has he told her he wants to keep in touch with you?

If not...then yeah, he's at least trying to be "a cheater".

Platinum Member
    Hi Cannelle ! Thank your for your help and your kind words.
    I also find it was rude to block me. It looked like an impulsive gesture, I canít explain it, for me this was extreme. He said ę sorry I was about to send you a text Ľ, maybe he was afraid his girlfriend would see it or he prefers to avoid any temptation to talk me (the only reasons I can think about).

Everyone judged him as a cheater. I was with many guys, unfaithful, disrespectful, even mean. He was the first guy to be sweet and to show respect. There is no evidence he already was with the other girl when he talked to me. Maybe they just started dating this week (seems weird, but who knows). So I donít think he is a cheater.
    Then he didnít own me anything. We were not together, I said I wanted something casual, never showed him real interest, never told him I started liking him, so I can blame me a little, but defining him as a player, a bad boyfriend, might be fast judgment.
    I was just hoping to meet again, I think he wanted too. And then I would ask him out. I think we have mutual attraction, but we canít blame him to have attraction for me if I pass by his town again, or blame him for wanting to have a girl who live close to his place. We also have no evidence he likes her that much, telling me he has someone is just to inform me that we canít talk or flirt for now. Maybe I have a selfish feeling for wanting him and I started seeing him as boyfriend material too late. But him being a cheater..? I donít think so.
    I misread. I thought he wanted some occasional flirting while with his new girl.

Is there a pattern of chasing unavailable men? If so, why not pursue happier situations?

Originally Posted by SophiaG
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe she already found out your sexting and was upset and maybe that's why he had to block you so abruptly? ...
    Yes I did. Might be possible, and it might explain why he had to block me so suddenly. One of the most probable explanation. Otherwise I donít know why, for sure he felt the urge to ę hide Ľ something to someone (i.e. her), I have never blocked exes / ex lovers when having a new boyfriend. You just donít text them and that is enough...

Originally Posted by Cannelle
    Time will tell. You will see if his texts are friendly or flirting.
    (...) He'll know how to find you when he's single.
    Great answer. Indeed, time will give me more answers, at the moment itís best for me to keep moving on with my life. I am not going to have more clues about whether it is him coming back or being a player.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Has he told her he wants to keep in touch with you?If not...then yeah, he's at least trying to be "a cheater".
    We both know the answer.. I guess he didnít.
    I see this ę keep in contact Ľ thing as him wanting to stay in good terms with me, and not as a way to talk to me while being with her.

Platinum Member
    I see this ę keep in contact Ľ thing as him wanting to stay in good terms with me, and not as a way to talk to me while being with her.
    That's how I read it, too. I don't necessarily think he meant continuing to sext or flirt.

Platinum Member
    Whether people perceive him as a cheater or not is really irrelevant at this point.

What is relevant is that only a few days prior to him blocking you and telling you he has a gf , he was sexting with you.
    Itís highly unlikely that he only met this girl a few days ago and suddenly decided to not keep his options open and was love at first sight with her.

What is extremely likely is that he has some sort of apparent commitment to her , at least that is what he has led her to believe. Otherwise why block you? Tell you about her? And then later say he would like to keep in touch?

Itís also a bit odd that despite you being at his home town , despite you working late that he couldnít meet you.
    When there is a will there is a way.

He is attracted to you , but he is in a relationship with someone else he is attracted to.

And you NEED to see that if he wants to remain in touch with someone (you) who he has had sex with , was sexting with , But still choosing someone else to be in a relationship with , he is ONLY considering you as a plan B!

Are you happy to be plan B?
    If yes , sure , keep in touch. But if or when plan B comes into play , realise there will be a plan C.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    Itís also a bit odd that despite you being at his home town , despite you working late that he couldnít meet you.
    When there is a will there is a way.

(...) But still choosing someone else to be in a relationship with , he is ONLY considering you as a plan B!
    I think we digress a little from my main question, which was, at first : will he come back. I am not here to figure out whether he is a cheater or not, whether I am plan A or B.
    He is not choosing someone else over me, as we live so far away. IF and only if I was living near his place, often texting, seeing each other and then he would say ę I met someone we have to stop talking Ľ in this case, he would choose another girl. There was no choice to make here, as we canít see each other for now.
    And we couldnít met the last times I came near his town, because I was still 1hour from his house, and working to 5am to 11pm.. He would have driven to see me for, maybe 1 hour at best, or for another one night stand (no that good). Bad timing, bad circumstances. I stayed for very short periods of time. It was impossible to plan a date, we were both disappointed.

I definitely agree when you said that he didnít suddenly felt in love with her in 3 days, he might date / know her for a longer time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice