Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Infertile men and quality of life - impossible unless beta male.

Infertile men and quality of life - impossible unless beta male.

Hi all,

Need some perspective, perhaps Im missing the point.

I keep reading that infertile men should simply accept and move on with life. How exactly do you accept that you are no competition to fertile males, you have no genetic, primal, evolutionary purpose to exist, you will die at average age 48.8 and be extinct (study on azoospermia). You will never have a genetic bond with a partner, no matter how hard you work, how much you try, how much you love her, - a random male simply swoops in and impregnate the person you love without any effort whatsoever - How does one simply accept this?

Background:
    I have azoospermia from first test at age 18. Divorced first wife after 5 years for her to have a biological child which he did with a fertile man later. Divorced 2nd wife after 3 years, same. Divorced 3rd wife after 5 years, after she fell pregnant while cheating, with the local football coach, in my house, my bed. Note that all partners were well informed of my infertility before marriage, then changed their minds after years.

What if I refuse to be a subordinate male to fertile males - as this seems to be the sole reason for the existence of infertile men? (by being selected to raise their children for the greater good of society, and being told I am not as good the real father, no matter what I do, Im not genetically linked and not in the family circle as the family is not mine, 'just accept it').

I need to understand, what is the point of being a infertile man, and how does infertile men 'accept' this? I can not. Getting Ready for a First Date

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Why will you die at 48.8 years? Average age in North America is about 80 for men.

Many infertile couples adopt.

What does the research you did say about infertile women?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yes, I was a woman with infertility issues.

Hi Seraphim,

Apparently more susceptible to cancer and other illnesses... [I can not post URLs .. google Infertile-men-higher-risk-early-death

Maybe this can be adjusted with testosterone replacement therapy.

It doesn’t guarantee you will get those illnesses.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Many infertile couples adopt.

What does the research you did say about infertile women?
    It is a study on 50,000 men, so it didn't include women,

Adopt. Is good, but doesn't address my concern. I would simply be reminder that Im taking a natural opportunity away from the person I love.

Do you have Klinefelter Syndrome, Silent47XXY ?

Most men inherit a single X chromosome from their mother, and a single Y chromosome from their father. Men with Klinefelter syndrome inherit an extra X chromosome from either father or mother; their karyotype is 47 XXY. Klinefelter is quite common, occuring in 1/500 to 1/1,000 male births."

There are support groups for people with chromosomal situations: [Register to see the link]

[QUOTE=Wiseman2;7226563]Do you have Klinefelter Syndrome, Silent47XXY ?

Most men inherit a single X chromosome from their mother, and a single Y chromosome from their father. Men with Klinefelter syndrome inherit an extra X chromosome from either father or mother; their karyotype is 47 XXY. Klinefelter is quite common, occuring in 1/500 to 1/1,000 male births."

There are support groups for people with chromosomal situations:

Hi Wiseman2, yes that's correct. Only found out when reflecting on my failures to find the solution. Thank you for the link, I will have a look. Appreciated.

Originally Posted by Silent47XXY
    It is a study on 50,000 men, so it didn't include women,

Adopt. Is good, but doesn't address my concern. I would simply be reminder that Im taking a natural opportunity away from the person I love.
    Many women can't have children either. They and their spouses choose to adopt.

It's certainly something that should be discussed prior to marriage, although as you found that doesn't always work out either. But you wouldn't be "taking away" their opportunity to bear children if it was discussed ahead of time. I got the impression you didn't deceive these women but rather they made a choice and then changed their minds after they married you. Not cool.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice