Hey, everyone

I'm not even sure why I'm posting here. I guess it's because over time, this site was my go-to place when I was struggling.

Either way, I am seriously considering suicide tonight. I found my Oxy pills from my last surgery that I never used. I know this will put my family through so much pain, and knowing that makes me selfish. But I just can't anymore. I'm tired of feeling like a failure and that no one will ever want me. I hope death really is as peaceful as they say.

Thanks for all posts.

Hi Bettyyy,

I can't imagine the pain you must be going through right now, but you are not alone in this. We are hear for you.

You said that you're tired of feeling like a failure and that no one will ever want you. How so?

I don't know you, but I am very certain that you are not a failure despite what others may say. People say hurtful things, that doesn't mean they are true. If you knew the incredibly painful things some people told me when I was younger. I was bullied terribly for quite some time and the worst part was, I couldn't escape. I didn't believe that my situation would turn around at all. I was stuck somewhere I didn't want to be. Eventually, my life did turn around for the better. It took a while, but I'm glad I pushed through.

I am confident that you will get through this, too! It seems impossible at the moment. But, trust me, you will get through this. You're very courageous! Posting about your situation in an online forum takes courage.

You are not alone. We are here for you.

It's a really nice community here! You're welcome to stick around. :-)

greendots

You’re having the worst night ever - I am so sorry. Good for you for posting before making any decisions. That is a wise move.

As somebody who made many “cry for help” threats and actually failed one genuine suicide suicide attempt I wanted to let you know that you're not alone...and if you want to talk to somebody 800-273-TALK is 24/7 and anonymous.

My life today is more full and wonderful than I EVER could have imagined when I was on the brink and I genuinely believe yours can be too.

All my love.

What exactly do you think you have failed at?

And what have you succeeded in?

Has something happened recently? Are you looking at recent perceived failures?

Do you realise everyone fails before they succeed?

Like taking your first steps for example?

What’s going on?

I can tell you from my own struggles, that you absolutely cannot trust your own mind right now. Your brain is telling you to self isolate, to pull back from people. Don't do it! Please don't do that; you need to stay in contact and post here on this forum.

There is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing! I have no doubt this little community has saved a lot of lives. Let yours be one of them.

I’m so sorry you are feeling so much pain. I’ve been there in pitch darkness feeling the agony and even attempted suicide many years ago.

I can tell you that light has a way of coming into the darkest of areas. It can illuminate your world and you start to see the beautiful new day! You just need to be patient I promise it will come.

Just know you are not alone! There are many helplines and those of us on this message board wanting to reach out.

It’s virtual I know! You matter. To every one you meet you impact and change the course of their lives.

Even us strangers on a forum.

Hugs!

Archived