Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did i do the right thing?

Yes im seeing that ive been played like a puppet. Its just that heart is stupid and takes longer to learn...

One thing that bugs me tho. When she ended the exclusivity it was over vidchat since we're long distance rn. I told her i probably wont come visit her now and she started crying.

You can cry for many things but it doesnt necessarily equate to love, i guess.

Originally Posted by Jinstron
    Yes im seeing that ive been played like a puppet. Its just that heart is stupid and takes longer to learn...

One thing that bugs me tho. When she ended the exclusivity it was over vidchat since we're long distance rn. I told her i probably wont come visit her now and she started crying.

32! i also thought 19 or 20.

Don't try to figure her out. You cant use logic to figure out another person. logic is individual.

maybe she lied. maybe she's just selfish....

Id say she is selfish. Incredibly selfish.

Those tears couldve been from wanting me but also she wanted the other guy too so here i am...

Platinum Member

An important lesson to learn, yes. Tears do not mean she loved you.

Tears can mean she felt guilty for hurting you. They can mean she was upset you wouldn't be her security blanket. They could be for the other guy.

But love for you? No, unfortunately, that wasn't it. This woman said a lot of pretty things but her behaviour revealed her true colours. She was into another guy

One thing I find curious about your wording, though: you say she ended your "exclusivity." Were you two not officially a couple?

Sounds like she wanted to sample the menu, while you waited on the back burner. Raise your standards, and never sign up to be someone's sloppy seconds.

Can you say, "Good riddance?"

Originally Posted by MissCanuck

One thing I find curious about your wording, though: you say she ended your "exclusivity." Were you two not officially a couple?
    We were more or less but it was long distance

I should clarify that it was 11 days after our big fight and the end of our exclusivity that she went on that camping date. I dont know if that makes her look any better. (I still cant think straight...)

So 11 days ago we had that big fight over me being suspicious of her "alone time'. And she coming back saying we should keep our options open.

Then the week after, ends our tie altogether. ('I dont think i can ever date you again')

Then 3 days later that camping trip.

So total of 11 days for her to completely move on and discard the 'love' she had.

Its still not right, is it?

Platinum Member
    What does that mean? How is a couple "more or less" a couple? The more you write, the more it sounds like this wasn't actually an established relationship, long-distance or not. If you weren't, it makes even less sense that she was claiming she loved you.

And no, 11 days still doesn't make it any better. She still was already out the door and lining up your replacement. Why were you suspicious of her alone time? It appears you sensed something was off before the crap hit the fan, yes?

Platinum Member
    If you sit there and ask questions about how she can do certain actions you will be spinning around all day and going no where. People do bad things and sometimes there isn't a good enough reason why, they just do.
    I could probably list about 403 possible reasons why she did what she did but does that really matter right now? In the whole grand scheme of things, it does not. What you have to look at is what is happening right now.
    You have your absolution.. You know its over and you do not have to spend time guessing if you two are dating, or if there is a chance to get back or whatever questions you have. She decided you were the other option and used you as a net. Too bad for her she can move on.
    You know that you were "The Option". The reasons why she did this with the other guy doesn't matter right now. You can hold your head up high and say that you did everything you could and it didn't work out. And because you know you are a good guy, you will find someone who will be more than happy to find you.
    You now have room in your heart for someone better to come along. This means that you mourn what happened, cry if you must, but don't think youll never find someone. You will..
    You are going to be okay..
    I know it sucks, I know its hard and I know you just want to pepper her with a million questions as to why. So if you want to keep things simple, just tell yourself that she just didn't want to be in a relationship with you any more. Not your fault, she decided she wanted another path. Let her go.

So it's fine you are both dating others and can be on/off FWB . The situation seems nebulous. Are either of you in real or committed/defined local
    relationships? It seems your situationship is confusing to both of you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice