Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did i do the right thing?

I should add that she has a history of masking her feelings (or so she claimed) so im trying to figure out if theres some complex scheme of hers that im not seeing. Perhaps she loved me so much but knew that it was too risky of a matchup so she had to find herself a rebound to rid me from her heart asap. And treating me the way she did to drive me away as hard as possible. I dunno im probably overthinking it because it doesnt add up completely...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jinstron
    I should add that she has a history of masking her feelings (or so she claimed) so im trying to figure out if theres some complex scheme of hers that im not seeing. Perhaps she loved me so much but knew that it was too risky of a matchup so she had to find herself a rebound to rid me from her heart asap. And treating me the way she did to drive me away as hard as possible. I dunno im probably overthinking it because it doesnt add up completely...
    Oh no. This is too sad to read. She never loved you. She used you only.
    You were friends for 365 days and supposedly dating for 56. ??
    And you are now wondering if she loved you too much??? No one loves another too much. They either love or donít.
    But respect comes before love and she doesnít respect you. Therefore she doesnít love you.

She used you for attention , got rid of you for attention elsewhere. When that attention wasnít there anymore , she went back to her safety net, you.
    Are you ok with being her back up ? Knowing she is only using you for that???

Platinum Member
    No, it's not that complicated.

She fed you a bunch of flowery lines, but in the end? She just wasn't that committed to you and fell for another guy. That adds up, if you're willing to accept the painful truth.

It's pointless to decipher someone else's psyche. You can never fully know another human being. Just take what happened at face value and that she turned out to not be your lifetime partner. Of course it takes time to mourn the end of a relationship, but know that she no longer deserves any space inside your brain. She's in your rearview mirror and every day that passes, she will get smaller and smaller until she disappears and you will no longer think of her daily. Take care.

Yes she did the right thing deleting and blocking you.She should have been blocked and deleted at the time of the breakup. "Blowing up on people" is nonsense post breakup. When it's over it's over. She will probably just run back to the guy or date someone else.
    I blow up on her so hard she blocks me on everything and its now completely over.

We were together 2 months and 1 yr friendship before that.

The thing i dont get, how can see tell me she loves me through and through even during the breakup and then go do this?

She even said times and times she loves me so much it actually scares her.
    Because she's a liar! Be glad this is over.

Anybody can talk a good game. People show us who they really are by their behavior.

Using you as an emotional band-aid to talk about some other guy shows you a lack of concern for your feelings. I'd rather see that for what it is than try to pretzel my mind around some convoluted excuse for it.

Head high, and move forward with clarity and self respect.
    Last edited by catfeeder; 05-30-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Platinum Member
    You should have blocked her after the split. Why did you allow her to use you as a therapist?

You are still asking if you did the "right thing." I don't get it!

Platinum Member
    We were together 2 months and 1 yr friendship before that.

The thing i dont get, how can see tell me she loves me through and through even during the breakup and then go do this?

She even said times and times she loves me so much it actually scares her.
    Because she didn't love or respect you. You need to follow actions. Is this your first relationship?
    Last edited by Hollyj; 05-30-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Platinum Member
    This makes no sense. Dude, you need to face reality here. She did not love you. These are only words.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice