Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: I lost interest before the 1st date, should I keep my promise and at least go?

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    What I saw in your other threads and this thread is that you tend to over analyze all your interactions with women in particular. I am curious as to why?
    I'm like this with people in general, not just women and i consider it a good thing. In my 20s i would get involved with people i shouldn't have gotten involved with and just generally led to things that were not good or just complete time wasters where i should've just walked away a long time ago. I would overlook alot of things that i shouldn't have overlooked just because it was fun. I would like to think i learned a thing or two and grew a bit wiser from those times about making sure i actually invest time and effort with people who are worth the effort to. As i mentioned, these days i've very little patience with people who i consider is wasting my time. Once i'm good with you, i can be very patient and understanding though.
    Last edited by stuka80; 06-01-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Here's an update;

I ended up seeing her at work today and talked about it with her. I explained the situation and how i got irritated that she suddenly stopped responding with no explanation when we were in the middle of planning something and that was why i decided i didn't want to spend anymore time on a date as it gave a really bad impression to me like she didn't care. I was explaining it in a calm, matter of fact kind of way, not being accusatory, emotional or angry. She was apologetic and told me that she was talking with her mom who's in S. Korea and then after she said she was just tired and went to bed. But had she just told me that right from the start at 7am we would've been good. Anyway she did seem really apologetic about it and the talk actually was very good, there was no awkwardness at all. it only even lasted about a min, then afterwards the conversation turned light hearted and we got along very well. She told me she still wanted to hang out with me during off work hours and that we could start again. I was good with that, so there you go, turned out ok in the end. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and reply.

Excellent. When is the date?
    Originally Posted by stuka80
    She was apologetic and told me that she was talking with her mom who's in S. Korea and then after she said she was just tired and went to bed. She told me she still wanted to hang out with me during off work hours and that we could start again. I was good with that.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Excellent. When is the date?
    well right now with the craziness of the rioting going on in LA, its kind of on hold for now haha. we were originally going to go to a shooting range then go to my place for dinner and drinks but right now who knows.

She's at the other end of the world. It's better for you to date a local woman.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    She's at the other end of the world. It's better for you to date a local woman.
    i considered this of course. but i'm just going into this without getting too emotionally invested, its just dating for fun without getting too serious. then towards the end, if we both decide to make a clean break or pursue it further we'll take it from there, i'm leaving all options on the table.

So there WAS a good explanation for her not responding. I understand your past has caused you be more critical but even you have to admit you have let the pendulum swing to far the other way.

Patience and understanding are excellent qualities to have but not to the point where you become a doormat.

Lost

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice