Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I lost interest before the 1st date, should I keep my promise and at least go?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I mean, I once lost interest in a guy because he wore a pleather coat.
    Not to go off topic, but what is a "pleather coat?"

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I think things will work out (or not work out) for the best. I agree with the other member also who mentioned dating coworkers might not be the best idea so consider this a win-win, in my opinion.
    Thanks, i ended up telling her that i gave it some thought and its best we remain just coworkers, she asked me why but i didnt wanna get into some long conversation over text. She told me she does not have a US number, as she's an intern from South Korea so i told her we can discuss it when we see each other at work during a break or lunch. so we'll see how it goes. if she does offer an explanation i'll update it here if anyone is interested in knowing.

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Not to go off topic, but what is a "pleather coat?"
    "pleather
    [ˈpleT͟Hər]

NOUN
    imitation leather made from polyurethane."

It was just tacky looking. Irrational but there it is.

Originally Posted by stuka80
    Thanks, i ended up telling her that i gave it some thought and its best we remain just coworkers, she asked me why but i didnt wanna get into some long conversation over text. She told me she does not have a US number, as she's an intern from South Korea so i told her we can discuss it when we see each other at work during a break or lunch. so we'll see how it goes. if she does offer an explanation i'll update it here if anyone is interested in knowing.
    Yeah, probably better that way in person. Maybe there's a lost in translation thing going on there or culture clash also. S. Korea is also 16 hours ahead of us in the west. I'm in Vancouver, Canada, and in your time zone. I have relatives in southeast Asia. In the period she wasn't speaking to you she could have been chatting with relatives or friends in the morning (their morning). This is not an assumption, just a possibility or something to keep in mind.

Sure.. we always love an update. Hope things go ok at work.

Platinum Member
    i agree, however she told me she does not have a US number, as i mentioned she is an intern from overseas so the app is the only way we can talk to each other. otherwise i would've spoken to her over the phone directly.

Apps can be glitchy and sometimes you don't get notifications.

If she worked in your building, you could have dialed her extension. just saying.

Platinum Member
    Its totally fair to decide that you should not mix work and romance - but on the other hand -- did she think this was a romantic date? Or did she just consider it going out and it could be just friendly to show a coworker the local sites or there may be something there? I think based on the new information - a Korean intern that is going back home at some point - you could have gone out - but not made any romantic moves and just had a nice time out also. Being a coworker, i would not think that you would have been overt about romantic interest

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Its totally fair to decide that you should not mix work and romance - but on the other hand -- did she think this was a romantic date? Or did she just consider it going out and it could be just friendly to show a coworker the local sites or there may be something there? I think based on the new information - a Korean intern that is going back home at some point - you could have gone out - but not made any romantic moves and just had a nice time out also. Being a coworker, i would not think that you would have been overt about romantic interest
    You're right i was being overt because we were at work, I hinted without being too forward that we were going out not strictly as friends. I told her i wanted to get to know her more outside of work(she said the same thing) and during the times we talked in person i consciously brought it up as a date in a light hearted manner as to not make it awkward but to also make sure she understood. Unless she was completely dense im pretty sure she got the hint.

So I just spent a while reading all your other threads because I couldn't figure out why you were so upset over this.

What I saw in your other threads and this thread is that you tend to over analyze all your interactions with women in particular. I am curious as to why?

When you speak to her let he down gently and tell her dating a coworker might not be a good idea.

As far as why she took so long to reply goes: It could have been anything and nothing to do with you but you made it all about you just like in most if not all of your other threads. I think this is something you should explore just to see if there is some improvement could be had.

Lost

you mentioned yourself you didn't read the full story so i get why you would think that, you dont have the full information for why i felt the way i did.
    No, I did read the entire thread . .I just didn't want to read it again

Platinum Member
    You're right i was being overt because we were at work, I hinted without being too forward that we were going out not strictly as friends. I told her i wanted to get to know her more outside of work(she said the same thing) and during the times we talked in person i consciously brought it up as a date in a light hearted manner as to not make it awkward but to also make sure she understood. Unless she was completely dense im pretty sure she got the hint.
    In the future, you should consider going out is just going out. What it turns into is up to two people and the circumstances. You asked her out clearly on a date and then you let her down by saying "you don't date coworkers" that looks like you are a bit all over the place and its only what someone does when someone else catches their eye before the date. Or something said by the person turning down the asker. I went out on a "date" with someone - went to dinner and a movie. We both knew it wasn't the start of a relationship - it was just two former coworkers going on a "date". We were extremely mismatched, but we said 'why not?" It was dinner and a movie. We never went out again. and that was fine

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice