Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: I lost interest before the 1st date, should I keep my promise and at least go?

  1. #61
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Without going back.a d rereading
    . . Was a portion of those 14 hours the time she might have been asleep? Could she have been on the phone with someone else and when the call ended too late to respond?
    I'm only defending her, not suggesting you waste her time by taking her out when you've already made gross assumptions and challenged her integrity.
    yes, it was 5pm to 7am, lets assume 8 hours of that she was alseep, completely understandable in fact, i would've been completely fine with the entire thing if it were for the circumstances, i already wrote tons about it, you can go back and read them if you want.

  2. #62
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by Tinydance
    But the fact that you're convinced she actually WAS looking at her phone all night and she DELIBERATELY ignored you because she was playing mind games. You literally don't know this and have no proof of this! You should never make blind assumptions about people because that will really backfire on you in life.
    she didn't give reasons, i'll come up with them myself. and this early in the process, i dont have the patience to put up with it.

    Also you're acting like you are God's gift to this woman and you should be her number one priority in life.
    you're completely off but you're entitled to your opinion.


    E.g. you don't find her that attractive, as you said. The other reason is just stupi. Sorry but it is.
    Isnt that what i said? Physically she's ok, but i wasn't drawn to her looks, i was drawn to her personality and it took a bad turn so the interest left with it. you're arguing a point i never made.

  3. #63
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    People are very busy and many of us are not tethered to our phones 24 / 7. We have things to do, work, commutes, households to maintain, errands, chores, grooming, tending to others, responsibilities and the like.
    totally with you on that, however the circumstances of the her not reading or responding to my messages made those reasons irrelevant in this case, i dont know if you read them but i made those points in previous posts if you want to go back and read it.

    Once they've explained to you IN PERSON as opposed to furiously texting back 'n forth, then you can judge and realize that person was not for you due to personality and character differences.
    she didn't explain in the response, as to whether she will explain when i see her in person remains to be seen, she would have to bring it up, as i'm not gonna mention a word about it.

  4. #64
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by LoreliFinn
    My impression is that you're not overly impressed with this woman physically or with regard to her communication skills.
    Looks wise she's ok, i never gave her a second thought at work until a chance meeting made us click with one another.

    I'm afraid it won't improve, this is her communication style. If you are getting upset this early on by her behavior, cut your losses and cancel the date. Many other women out there WOULD reply to to before going to bed.

    This woman is not for you. Best also not to date co-workers.
    i was fine with her communications until this incident for reasons i mentioned previously. as far as dating coworkers i fully agree, but she is only an intern and is temporary so i thought i'd give it a shot.

  5.  

  6. #65
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    He texted her at 5pm she responded at 7am and he holds the total of 14 hours against her
    you mentioned yourself you didn't read the full story so i get why you would think that, you dont have the full information for why i felt the way i did.

  7. #66
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,672
    Originally Posted by stuka80
    totally with you on that, however the circumstances of the her not reading or responding to my messages made those reasons irrelevant in this case, i dont know if you read them but i made those points in previous posts if you want to go back and read it.



    she didn't explain in the response, as to whether she will explain when i see her in person remains to be seen, she would have to bring it up, as i'm not gonna mention a word about it.
    Just be careful not to give up on people so easily otherwise your future relationships will end prematurely.

    As I've said before, don't always rely on electronic communication otherwise you will get offended easily. Give people enough respect to give them your time IN PERSON. Make arrangements to meet them IN PERSON no matter how busy and inconvenienced you are. If you have to be 6ft apart, do it. If you are masked, do it. Put the phones down, have zero distractions, have coffee or tea together and have a mature, adult, empathetic discussion with them; not simply cut them off just because they took 14 hours to reply to you. Be a forgiving person and allow people to have a relationship with you instead of abruptly cutting them off just because they didn't reply to you according to the timeline you wanted. Give people a chance to explain themselves. Often times, there's a reason that you don't know about. Or, both of you can compromise on texting and timeline styles. You'll never know unless you give people a chance.

    There are a lot of nice women out there and they will not always do as you expect. IN PERSON communication is key. Give her the common courtesy and common decency by hearing her out IN PERSON.

    If not, it's your loss and her loss, too, unfortunately.

  8. #67
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,088
    Gender
    Female
    Honestly, prepare to be single for quite awhile because you are very rigid.
    When she didn't behave exactly how you wanted, you downgraded her big time "She is not really that attractive..."
    "I have no romantic interest anymore..."

    Apparently, you were attracted to her because you asked her out to get to know her better. Attraction can be very "chemistry" based or because of multiple factors.

    You couldn't just simply say "i don't think she is interested in me as I am in her, so i best cancel" , you had to tear her down a little.

    ===
    I have not gotten texts right away == my family has a "group text" and with the network sometimes being overloaded because some of my region is stlll on a "stay at home order" and kids are home and not going back to school, i all the sudden got 30 texts at once. (a bunch from the family group text, random coupon texts from stores, a couple from a friend) and things got buried.

    I would be more ill at ease if someone always answered my texts immediately at all times.

    I don't count such nuances against someone unless i actually was on a date. The communication going forward after the date is more important. And i am old fashioned - if something is important, like firming up plans for a date, you CALL them

  9. #68
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,566
    For all your quirkiness on the matter, Stuka, I have to take my hat off to you for arguing your point in a very level manner.

    Kudos to you for sticking to your guns. After going through the previous pages and your strong opinion on all this, I think it's best to cancel the date. You're getting some very off vibes from this person and you're entitled to feeling turned off. We can't control how we feel towards someone sometimes or their reactions on certain things. This happened to rub you the wrong way. Listen to your instincts. I'm a firm believer in those.

    I think things will work out (or not work out) for the best. I agree with the other member also who mentioned dating coworkers might not be the best idea so consider this a win-win, in my opinion.

  10. #69
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,546
    I mean, I once lost interest in a guy because he wore a pleather coat.

    You don't have to date her or anyone else you don't want to. Date who you want to date and whatever criteria you use is fine.

  11. #70
    Gold Member stuka80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    40
    Posts
    786
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Honestly, prepare to be single for quite awhile because you are very rigid.
    I'm completely content with being single, in fact im not actively trying to date, the opportunity with her just came out of nowhere so i went for it. I dont have an itch to get into a relationship just for its sake.

    When she didn't behave exactly how you wanted, you downgraded her big time "She is not really that attractive..."
    the reason i even brought up her looks is because someone else said they dont think i really lost interest and that i wanted to go on the date to see if she'll prove herself to me. So i brought up her looks to make a point that when its physical attraction you really cannot have any control on whether you can decide to drop it on the spot or not. For me it was a conscious decision to pursue her because her personality. So i could just as easily decide not to pursue her and there would be no lingering feelings of attraction. Physical attraction is way harder to turn off. So thats why i brought up her looks, it wasnt to tear her down.

    You couldn't just simply say "i don't think she is interested in me as I am in her, so i best cancel" , you had to tear her down a little.
    her possibly being less into me than i was into her was not a factor in deciding to cancel the date, it was that texting incident.

    if something is important, like firming up plans for a date, you CALL them
    i agree, however she told me she does not have a US number, as i mentioned she is an intern from overseas so the app is the only way we can talk to each other. otherwise i would've spoken to her over the phone directly.
    Last edited by stuka80; 05-31-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •