Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is my behavior inappropriate?

Slippery slope here, buddy. I dont doubt your wife is not impressed with your long lunch with this other woman. If you value your marriage, you need to stop this NOW. Stick to discussing work with this other woman.

Platinum Member
    Sorry but it's shady you pretended the post was about you...What was that all about....I find that most people here are fair and would have given you the same advice regardless.

Inappropriate. You can deny it all you wish, but you're starting an affair.

Originally Posted by TMurphy
    So I have to come clean, the scenario I told in my original post was actually about my wife. I made it about me so that people did feel biased to just say she was wrong. I wanted to get honest criticism to get honest opinions. The issue was I couldn't get my wife to understand what she was doing was wrong. We had a pretty lengthy blowout a while ago after letting her read everyone's response and she now understands and I believe she feels true remorse. I really want to thank everyone for helping me through this. I believe we can start to rebuild now, thinking we probably want to seek some professional guidance through this to make our marriage stronger as we rebuild.
    crossing of boundaries is not a one way thing, both are equally responsible, whether you do it or your wife its just a sign that there is some big issue with your relationship, you both need to work on it. no sex lack of intimacy no respect for each other, almost all come down to this. Please have a nice conversation with your spouse, go to marriage councilor if things don't feel good still, else it will keep getting worse and lead to cheating and more disrespect.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    He said it's actually his wife who is going out with a coworker. His most recent post gives this detail. He then apparently showed his wife this thread.

Interesting way to communicate IMO.
    This is why I mentioned "regardless of gender. There needs to be integrity, loyalty, devotion and treating each other with dignity in a marriage which means enforcing boundaries with others including coworkers.

Understand this was not my first move to convince her. This was my last resort. I tried getting her to understand in every other way. Either way it worked so I am glad I did it.

Gold Member
    Understand this was not my first move to convince her. This was my last resort. I tried getting her to understand in every other way. Either way it worked so I am glad I did it.
    Good for you! Hard to believe that she couldn't understand. Someone cannot be that obtuse.

Do you think she will get better at covering her tracks? For whatever reason, she seeks out his companionship . Trolling is not as effective as marriage therapy and going over boundaries and issues to resolve them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice