LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend canít keep a job

My boyfriend canít keep a job

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I have worked the whole time at the same job and just got a promotion as well. He keeps insisting heís going to get a job and does sometimes but it never lasts more than a few weeks until he quits or gets fired. He doesnít want to work a job like at a Walmart or McDonaldís, only will take a high paying job. He then says to me that we should move in together and I should move to where he lives(an hour away from me, my job and family to which I am very very close) because when he gets a job it will pay more than mine, therefore he thinks he has the right to make that choice for me. I told him my job I cannot transfer to another location at my new position as assistant manager. They have one at his store where Iíd transfer already. He says I should just work up from the bottom again and take a demotion, pay cut and go back to part time just to move up there. I see this is very unfair since he has never been willing to consider the option of him looking for work near me and relocating, but he assumes that I should just drop everything for him. This has caused numerous fights between us and Iím feeling at my wits end. Please help, I need an unbiased opinion on this situation I am dealing with.

what drama, he is acting like a super controlling jerk, i did say to your bf get a job get a life good bye & good riddance, funally go have a beer with your friends, you are better off without him
    Sorry being blunt here , Get a new boyfriend period.

In my honest opinion he has absolutely no jurisdiction in making your decisions. Work wise, life wise or other wise. I don't know your entire situation but it seems to me that he's in a bit of a rut and will be pulling you down with him. You know what you're doing, nothing to fight about. If he's not willing to make adjustments to get his life in order you should maybe consider reevaluating his endearing concern for you.

He sounds like a jerk who doesnt actually want to have a job. If you move to his town you'd be a fool and then you move in with him and have to pay all of the rent because he doesnt or cant get a job! Dont fall for that crap! You sound like you have a decent job and are in a situation with work that works for you, so dont give it up for him. Instead, give him up and find someone who isnt so lazy.

These people who only want a high paying job are laughable.

Stay independent and never depend on anyone to pay your bills.

My advice to you is to stay where you are, do not put your career in jeopardy and remain financially independent. This person has all kinds of red flags. I'd urge you to seriously rethink this relationship. I've seen a lot of talented and smart individuals get sidetracked in life. Stay focused and make decisions in your best interest.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Stay with your job! Heís living in a delusion.

Dump the leech!

Platinum Member
    I can't fathom what you're still doing in this relationship.

Who supports him? Mommy and daddy? All he wants is a new mommy. You can do much better than this. End it.

girlfriend, what are you doing even entertaining this guy?

Best indicator of future behavior is past performance.

In the future his job will pay more? Ok what job?

The world is full of people unable or unwilling to do the hard work it takes to be successful. They are full of excuses, delusions and storylines of how when (fill in the blank) happens, they will show you!

BS! What has he done to set any kind of foundation or plan to acheive this job?

Its super easy for someone else to say, leave all you have, take a demotion and move here. Only do that if you want to stunt your own career and become his care taker...

Why are you even considering this? And why do you date a do nothing pipe dreamer?

You can do better. wake up. This guy is wasting his life and yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice