LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Struggling chapter 2 lol

Originally Posted by Destroyed 33
    I appreciate it but I’m lucky to force down a granola bar and protein drink per day. Sever depression right now and I got a tough climb out of this hole. Time...
    1) Exercise - endorphins and releases negative energy
    2) take your dog to different parks daily - exercise plus change of scenery lifts mood
    3) lean on friends and family to talk to, distract, etc.
    4) lean on hobbies and if you don't have any, make a list of things to try once virus stuff is over - again new adventures lift mood
    5) change your home, meaning move furniture around, redecorate, make it yours - it will make you feel better and keep you busy and changed environment lifts mood
    6) watch or listen to something that makes you laugh - yes it really does help elevate your mood

Do allow yourself to feel bad at times but put a limit on that. Then go do one of the above or focus on something else like work. Think of these emotions like waves. Allow the bad to wash over you but then change focus forcefully. Your brain can only think about one thing at a time. So if you don't disrupt the "I'm so sad" narrative, you'll get stuck. The hole is only as deep as you tell yourself.....make it more shallow....

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    1) Exercise - endorphins and releases negative energy
    2) take your dog to different parks daily - exercise plus change of scenery lifts mood
    3) lean on friends and family to talk to, distract, etc.
    4) lean on hobbies and if you don't have any, make a list of things to try once virus stuff is over - again new adventures lift mood
    5) change your home, meaning move furniture around, redecorate, make it yours - it will make you feel better and keep you busy and changed environment lifts mood
    6) watch or listen to something that makes you laugh - yes it really does help elevate your mood

Do allow yourself to feel bad at times but put a limit on that. Then go do one of the above or focus on something else like work. Think of these emotions like waves. Allow the bad to wash over you but then change focus forcefully. Your brain can only think about one thing at a time. So if you don't disrupt the "I'm so sad" narrative, you'll get stuck. The hole is only as deep as you tell yourself.....make it more shallow....
    All you guys are awesome. Can’t thank you enough. She’s still here moving out throughout the weekend so I can’t even really start to live this new life until she’s out (and I know I’m lucky she didn’t try to draw it out)

My good good friend has been an angel. He makes me go fishing with him and go to his house to do projects. But yeah, once she’s gone, tons of cleaning, rearranging, house projects, dog walks, dog park... just gotta wait to start and get into that groove.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

TV Romance Can Ruin Real-Life Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice