What do you make of this exchange between a close guy friend and I?

Stephy2016

Am I missing something here, why would the stranger tell us to get a room? Does my guy friend see me as more than a friend and I just can't see it 🤷♀️

(me) I haven't dated anyone since

October 2018

(him) It'll probably stay that way too

(me) Jason why do you say that?

(him) 😂😂😂 don't ask me silly

questions

(me) Jason C'mon speak up

(him) Rack off (he always says this in

a humerous way to me)

(me) Jason f--k u poo (I say that to him

in a humerous way often, he

actually laughed at my comment)

(the observing male stranger) get a room you two ..

Am I missing something here, why would the stranger tell us to get a room? Does my guy friend see me as more than a friend and I just can't see it 🤷♀️

(me) I haven't dated anyone since

October 2018

(him) It'll probably stay that way too

(me) Jason why do you say that?

(him) 😂😂😂 don't ask me silly

questions

(me) Jason C'mon speak up

(him) Rack off (he always says this in

a humerous way to me)

(me) Jason f--k u poo (I say that to him

in a humerous way often, he

actually laughed at my comment)

(the observing male stranger) get a room you two ..

It suggests that you are interested in Jason. Jason only sees you as a friend. And a random stranger only picked up on your interest but failed to see Jason’s lack of.

How long have you been friends with Jason?

How long have you been interested in him?

And how long have you been searching for some clue that he might be interested back? If he hasn’t given any , then he is not.

Random persons comment is the only indicator???

Don’t string Jason along as a friend if you are interested in more. It’s unfair to both of you.

Tell Jason how you feel and be prepared that the friendship might end?

Good luck!!!

Jason and I are really good friends. He calls me about twice a week and we chat for an hour and he texts me a few times a week. I'm neither here nor there about having anything more than that with him, we get along well mostly and have a great sense of humour. He isn't as far as I know interested in having a relationship or dating anyone full stop. I don't care if I date anyone either, not really looking but if he were to ask me on a date I would probably try it out.

He wants to teach me how to ride a dirt bike so we can ride together. His suggestion not mine. Not sure of his intentions. He has said he believes friendship is the best way to a successful relationship and that his past 2 relationships have been a slow burn so hard to read what he wants with me.

The above dialogue between us is how we always talk to each other. I wasn't in my opinion showing a more than friends interest in him but was a little taken aback with his comment "it will probably stay that way too", why would he say that? I actually thought it was a little rude as my response was to a general post question in the social group we are both in.

I have known Jason for 2 yrs. He wanted to date me 2 yrs ago and I missed his signs and definitely didn't see him in that light back then so he has had interest in me in the past. I lost contact with him for about a year and he messaged me and we reconnected about 2 months ago and we have grown quite close. Thats the back story with knowing each other.

Does my guy friend see me as more than a friend and I just can't see it 路♀️

It sounds like you think he does:

He has said he believes friendship is the best way to a successful relationship and that his past 2 relationships have been a slow burn so hard to read what he wants with me.

He wanted to date me 2 yrs ago and I missed his signs and definitely didn't see him in that light back then so he has had interest in me in the past.

He's interested in you. Hang out, get to know each other a bit more. If the chemistry continues it'll happen naturally. People don't ping each other during a pandemic and hang out that much or offer to teach you dirt bike tricks for no reason. Your light convo also suggests you both are comfortable with each other. Just enjoy yourself and enjoy spending time together. He's also right - don't get hung up over funny questions or get stuck on his silly comments either. Keep it light and flirt back with him.

What does it matter anyway? Is there anyone else you'd enjoy spending time with more? No? Have fun and stay safe on those trails.

Jason's "It'll probably stay that way, too" was an unkind and inconsiderate comment. Jason doesn't treat you with respect. :upset:

The stranger has no business commenting on a conversation between you and Jason. He needs to be excluded from the conversation. Dismiss the stranger.

Archived