Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this Barista interested in me?

Is this Barista interested in me?

For about a half a year, Iíve been going to the same Starbucks. This barista remembers my name despite me not even mentioning my name to her (Iím pretty sure she got my name from my online order label and put two and two together when I picked it up). I know that alone doesnít indicate that she is interested.

Then this Pandemic hit and the store was closed for about two months and then when they do open back up, it was drive-thru only. Well when I was heading to the drive-thru, I noticed 3 people Iíve never seen before and the girl that knows my name. I placed my order (didnít use my name and it was someone else at the cash register). When I got my items l, I noticed she wrote ďGood morning David! Thank you and have a great day! : )Ē

Do you think she could be interested?

They are paid to be polite, that doesnt mean she's interested. She's doing her job.

A good waiter/waitress always remembers the usual or longtime customers. There's a good chance she is doing the same with the other longtime or usual customers.

You need to realize that politeness/kindness does not equal to flirting or hitting on you.

If she wrote her phone number on your receipt, then yes, she's interested.

If not, then she's being polite.

No, I don't think so. If I had a dollar for every barista who remembered my spouse's name and drew smiley faces on his cup, I'd be a very rich woman. I don't order drinks often at Starbucks but go along for the banana loaf. They are also very friendly with me.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    If she wrote her phone number on your receipt, then yes, she's interested.

If not, then she's being polite.
    lol Yes, this! Otherwise, maybe not.

Seems unlikely based on what you've written. If you've been going there for awhile, it's probably just a good memory mixed with professional kindness.

I'd be careful about hitting on her if you like going there and don't want to make her uncomfortable. I had an employee cross that line with me in the past, and I never returned to my favorite Chick-fil-A. She doesn't have the luxury to simply stop showing up to avoid you if you are persistent. I'd leave it be.

Originally Posted by SGH
    Seems unlikely based on what you've written. If you've been going there for awhile, it's probably just a good memory mixed with professional kindness.

I'd be careful about hitting on her if you like going there and don't want to make her uncomfortable. I had an employee cross that line with me in the past, and I never returned to my favorite Chick-fil-A. She doesn't have the luxury to simply stop showing up to avoid you if you are persistent. I'd leave it be.
    I don't know if I am overtired or whether this is extremely tragic. I really felt this.

What if times have changed? You know, turnover of employees. That person might have quit?

Platinum Member
    She is doing her job. Nothing more.

I think she's just being nice. There was this barista at Starbucks who flirted with me maybe 2 years ago, he would offer me coffee for free, and ask me many questions, but I didn't think too much of it. It was just harmless flirting, it's like part of their job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice