Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bizarre, complicated story involving Me (M), Acquaintance (F) and her BF

Platinum Member
    She was looking for attention.

She isn't ready to end her relationship, though.

Originally Posted by caliboy12345
    Oh I am absolutely complicit in this and told the BF on the phone that as well. I am definitely not remotely interested anymore - this is more out of curiosity that I wrote this. I should have emphasized that more in the post. But trying to figure out what she was trying to do - as this was way more risky on her part. Everyone saw her at my house that night, so I'm guessing perhaps the BF also called her out as well.
    Its interesting that throughout your original post and then here, you give an air of nonchalance. However, there was a lot of time, effort, and brushing off red flags on your part.

I think you see & know what she was doing. What is there to figure out?

Oh wait... why were you doing it? What was your motivation? that's the real issue. If all of this is just fine and you're not interested at all anymore, this was certainly a long post.

She was playing with you bc, as someone else said, her low character. She manipulated you and her bf for her ego. You look foolish, as you have seen her use u to make her bf jealous or to excite him that she chose him over you. And the little entertainment she provided, by talking about you and your messages behind your back. Which you totally blew off, told her you would protect her lies to her bf. And for what? So she can be flattered.

Find single girls that don't lie to you, use you or play you to focus on. Figure out why you let yourself be used as a pawn in her little game. Maybe you are bored and need some excitement.

Originally Posted by Lambert
    Its interesting that throughout your original post and then here, you give an air of nonchalance. However, there was a lot of time, effort, and brushing off red flags on your part.

I think you see & know what she was doing. What is there to figure out?

Oh wait... why were you doing it? What was your motivation? that's the real issue. If all of this is just fine and you're not interested at all anymore, this was certainly a long post.

She was playing with you bc, as someone else said, her low character. She manipulated you and her bf for her ego. You look foolish, as you have seen her use u to make her bf jealous or to excite him that she chose him over you. And the little entertainment she provided, by talking about you and your messages behind your back. Which you totally blew off, told her you would protect her lies to her bf. And for what? So she can be flattered.

Find single girls that don't lie to you, use you or play you to focus on. Figure out why you let yourself be used as a pawn in her little game. Maybe you are bored and need some excitement.
    I needed to see this. Thanks for this. Yes, I would say I'm definitely bored - especially with the COVID lockdown.

I disagree with some of this though - I think this was a lot of effort on her part for only an ego boost - but then again, you are right in that that's really what she ended up happening anyways.

My reasoning for not directly accusing her of lying on the call with the BF was - 1) she could just claim I lied and I would have looked bitter, 2) he was clearly suspicious of her and it was not a call to just berate me - but he also said conflicting things on call as well.

I needed to see this. Thanks for this. Yes, I would say I'm definitely bored - especially with the COVID lockdown.

I disagree with some of this though - I think this was a lot of effort on her part for only an ego boost - but then again, you are right in that that's really what she ended up happening anyways.

My reasoning for not directly accusing her of lying on the call with the BF was - 1) she could just claim I lied and I would have looked bitter, 2) he was clearly suspicious of her and it was not a call to just berate me - but he also said conflicting things on call as well.
    yeah... but you definitely weren't acting in your best interests.

I'd probably avoid her and the bf. Like why be supporting cast in their story? Get one of your own.

Volunteer. Find something better to do where you can meet good people.
    Yes, I would say I'm definitely bored - especially with the COVID lockdown.

She finds her BF boring, so she starts up an emotional affair with you...yes that's right, it starts out with "lets talk we have things in common", then some flirting gets thrown in, then some things are done behind his back with nervousness but she downplays her intentions, tries to gaslight you, telling you it's all in your head, etc, tries to make things look like they are transparent with her BF but they are not. See the pattern here? She's trying to have her cake and eat it too. You denied it, but you got lured in...it was exciting and enticing, you tried to contain yourself but you couldn't help it. All those around you are not oblivious to what has been going on. As for the BF, he's no dummy, he saw it too, but of course he's blaming you because you are an outsider...we all know it has been her all along. Block/delete her from everything, and be done with this mess.

Awkward messy disgusting , this is a very unhealthy situation.
    Get your own gf, stay away from that girl. Cut all contact.
    Sorry, you knew what you are getting into, take responsibility and get out before it takes some other ugly turn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice