Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety each morning

Some people also turn to CBD oil, or just blow a rocket for relaxation.

Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Depends on what you mean by a "better you" Jake. And please, please, don't go down the guilt-tripping road with talk of "punishment".
    I mean I want to make changes in my lifestyle that have been holding me back. I made a thread about it but I'll reiterate some of it. I've stopped gaming, stopped watching so much TV and just want to be less irritable and more accepting of things that are out of my control. I've never been able to maintain friendships very well, and maybe even pushed people away who I feel are getting too close. I'm okay with just having one person in my life but I've realized it's not a functional life. I could dredge on, but I truly don't know who I am or what I'm doing anymore. Music is annoying and repeating, TV holds no interest, I don't understand how people care so much for actors and athletes, I just feel like I'm not meant for this time and age. Everything and everyone seems fake and forced with social media and friendships are now numbers. One minute I like technology, the next I find myself hating every ounce of it.

Just a sign of the times Jake. It is hard not to be jaded with everything that is going on. Television is mainly a lot of rubbish. And don't get me started about social media! Lol.

An awful lot of people are utterly shallow, or in a trance-like state, hypnotised probably by being constantly sandblasted by the gaudy media in all its manifestations.

Hope things improve for you.

Yes. It could be physical, such as a metabolic or cardiac issue. You should see a doctor MD asap. Don't assume it's psychological. You are already doing the right things. Just stay up and get your day started. Do not turn on the tv or news.

Make sure you eliminate alcohol completely or any sedating substances at night, including health food store supplements. There are several easily treatable conditions that can result in early morning awakening.
    Originally Posted by JakeJakerson
    Thank you LeHermes, I'll definitely be looking into that.I don't know the trigger because it happens before I'm even awake.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Yes. It could be physical, such as a metabolic or cardiac issue. You should see a doctor MD asap. Don't assume it's psychological.
    I only assume it's psychological because everything was fine before this event. I haven't strayed from eating healthy and I haven't picked up any bad habits. If anything, I'm doing more than I did before to stay in good health. It is only really bad in the morning, throughout the day it shifts to being strictly in my head. It's like I'm thinking about everything subconsciously.

Who cares whatís causing it for now. If your house is on fire you donít start looking for an arsonist or an electrical short - you put it out! First and foremost do what you need to do to find some peace. Youíre making good choices like exercise, focusing on chores, talking with friends. The meditation suggestion changed my life fundamentally and profoundly.

If you need a prescription then avail yourself of that - but sometimes feeling it all the way through (though painful and scary) can be the quickest road to healing. Only you really know if you need medical help, but donít hesitate if you think you need it

I remember another thread of yours...Keep up the good work Jakejakerson, youíre doing good!

Originally Posted by Skeptic76
    Who cares whatís causing it for now. If your house is on fire you donít start looking for an arsonist or an electrical short - you put it out! First and foremost do what you need to do to find some peace. Youíre making good choices like exercise, focusing on chores, talking with friends. The meditation suggestion changed my life fundamentally and profoundly.

If you need a prescription then avail yourself of that - but sometimes feeling it all the way through (though painful and scary) can be the quickest road to healing. Only you really know if you need medical help, but donít hesitate if you think you need it

I remember another thread of yours...Keep up the good work Jakejakerson, youíre doing good!
    To put it out is one thing, but stopping it from happening again is another. I don't see the point in masking something with medication because then one becomes dependent on it instead of pushing through it like you said. I've done meditating in the past, but trying it now only works for as long as I do it. I find myself later pacing back and forth and just angry and upset with the fact that it keeps being a persistent bird nesting on my head rather than letting it fly by and into the distance. I've had to deal with this type of thinking before dealing with adolescent thoughts, but this time it seems to be different, more intense.

I've stopped gaming, stopped watching so much TV and just want to be less irritable and more accepting of things that are out of my control.
    You've eliminated a couple known mind-numbers. I'm not surprised that you feel anxious at the moment. I think your level of anxiety will fade as you learn to adjust to life without escaping from it through games and TV.

Try having quiet time with reading a good book, magazine or a healthy distraction. Or, get an early start working on a project around your home. It could be decluttering, organizing, cleaning or some type of productive and industrious chore or task. You'll feel that you've made wise use of your time.

To put it out is one thing, but stopping it from happening again is another. I don't see the point in masking something with medication because then one becomes dependent on it instead of pushing through it like you said. I've done meditating in the past, but trying it now only works for as long as I do it. I find myself later pacing back and forth and just angry and upset with the fact that it keeps being a persistent bird nesting on my head rather than letting it fly by and into the distance. I've had to deal with this type of thinking before dealing with adolescent thoughts, but this time it seems to be different, more intense.
    The point of meditation is not to achieve a certain result. Itís like singing or dancing...you do it for the sake of doing it. A certain result does happen to emerge in oneís life, but thatís only if someone makes a regular mediation practice a daily priority.

Donít medicate if that doesnít suit you. Far be it for me to tell you what to do. And REALLY not my place to prescribe for anybody, Iím not a doctor. I guess my point is to be open minded to a solution rather than insist on doing it your way if your way isnít getting the results you want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice