LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety each morning

Anxiety each morning

Each morning, I wake up and my heart and mind are already racing before I even know it's happening. No matter the time I go to bed, I'm up at 5AM and everything is just racing and going back to bed is almost impossible. I've tried just getting up and going for walks, working out, hanging out with friends, doing lawn work, watching TV, and even just sitting in the living room until it passes but most days it never really does. Breaking down seems to be the only thing that helps but it usually comes back within the hour. I'm tired of it and I have no idea what to do about it.

How about a virtual visit with your doctor and perhaps a chat with a virtual therapist if the doctor thinks it would help?

I don't have the money for that.

Jake.

There are helplines, and they are free.

The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 am–6 pm, ET.
    1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or [Register to see the link]

"HelpLine staff and volunteers are experienced, well-trained and able to provide guidance.

They understand, many from their own experiences, listen and offer support.
    They are informed on NAMI Programs, NAMI Support Groups and locate your local NAMI Affiliate.
    They are trained to help identify the best resource options for your individual concern.
    They are knowledgeable and a source of accurate information about relevant topics."

Give it a try.

I too am experiencing severe anxiety. I try to think about what the trigger is and then decide what I can and can't do to relieve it. I admit I have not been super successful. I do think you can contact a hotline and see if they have resources you can use. I hope you feel better very soon.

Thank you LeHermes, I'll definitely be looking into that.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I try to think about what the trigger is and then decide what I can and can't do to relieve it.
    I don't know the trigger because it happens before I'm even awake. I would assume it's the ex but she's not the only thing that runs through my mind after I'm awake. I'm constantly thinking about what I should be doing to be a better myself but I have no idea what to do to become the me I want to be. The little steps forward only help for so long, it's like it doesn't make a difference. I feel like this is how the ex felt all the time with me and this is my punishment or something. I just want it to stop without relying on the crutches I used in my past.

Depends on what you mean by a "better you" Jake. But, don't go mad for the moment on the self-bettering project! And please, please, don't go down the guilt-tripping road with talk of "punishment".
    There is no cosmic bogeyman lurking at your door with a big club waiting to wallop you as punishment for not "bettering" yourself at the speed of light.

Try meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga.

I suffered from really bad anxiety, was in such a dark place and felt I couldn't move at times. I downloaded this app 'relax & sleep well: hypnosis and meditation' I use to listen to it and fall asleep to it. The guy says positive affirmations to you and to be honest when I woke up I use to feel lighter. My anxiety use to make me feel really lazy and taking time out to meditate or do yoga felt like too much. This was easier and made a huge impact on when I use to wake up - my body didn't feel so heavy.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Try meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga.
    Agree.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice