Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I want my ex back but she is engaged?!? Help!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Dr Whom
    I donít think I can do anything...What can I do man? She still has my number, knows where I live. She has to contact me ( again ) I think because she told me not to contact her. If it was meant to be, It shouldnít have to be this hard.
    It sucks, but its out of your control. I have several Chaldean friends and where I live there is a large amount of middle eastern people from various religions. Ill tug on their ear and ask them what they think and Ill tell you what they said. Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    Could it be that she is not engaged but telling you that so you will leave her alone? She might have ultimately felt ashamed of what she did with you, JMHO . So leave her be

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Could it be that she is not engaged but telling you that so you will leave her alone? She might have ultimately felt ashamed of what she did with you, JMHO . So leave her be
    She never told me she was engaged...I saw it on her public Facebook ( she took me off months ago due to her mom? ) when I searched her name. Why see me one last time and then get engaged 9-10 days later??? Yeah she could have been seeing this guy for a while although she really made it out to be her family. I think her mom and culture will only let her date if she is engaged...she was lying to her family for months to see me

She never told me she was engaged...I saw it on her public Facebook ( she took me off months ago due to her mom? ) when I searched her name. Why see me one last time and then get engaged 9-10 days later??? Yeah she could have been seeing this guy for a while although she really made it out to be her family. I think her mom and culture will only let her date if she is engaged...she was lying to her family for months to see me
    When I was in graduate school, I was friendly with this couple who were joined together at the hip.

They were both undergraduates and had been together all through their undergraduate years.

The guy really loved the girl. But the girl confided in me that her parents would never accept the guy, and that she had to marry who they chose.

She loved him, but she wasn't about to go against her family. She was very matter-of-fact about the whole thing.

She and the guy both graduated at the end of that year.

They must have broken up immediately thereafter, because I suddenly saw pictures of her on Facebook, bedecked and bejeweled at her wedding in Bangladesh.

She didn't waste a minute. When the time came, she got right down to business.

I'm sure the guy was wrecked over it. But it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    When I was in graduate school, I was friendly with this couple who were joined together at the hip.

They were both undergraduates and had been together all through their undergraduate years.

The guy really loved the girl. But the girl confided in me that her parents would never accept the guy, and that she had to marry who they chose.

She loved him, but she wasn't about to go against her family. She was very matter-of-fact about the whole thing.

She and the guy both graduated at the end of that year.

They must have broken up immediately thereafter, because I suddenly saw pictures of her on Facebook, bedecked and bejeweled at her wedding in Bangladesh.

She didn't waste a minute. When the time came, she got right down to business.

I'm sure the guy was wrecked over it. But it is what it is.
    Yeah...not everyone marries for the same reason. I feel mine has been telling me all this year about her family so Iím not as completely wrecked. She probably just got tired of fighting and lying to her mom. Just wish I would have proposed although it probably would not have made a difference.

Originally Posted by No1
    It sucks, but its out of your control. I have several Chaldean friends and where I live there is a large amount of middle eastern people from various religions. Ill tug on their ear and ask them what they think and Ill tell you what they said.
    Thanks I would appreciate that

Platinum Member
    Just wish I would have proposed although it probably would not have made a difference.
    I think you're right - it wouldn't have made a difference. She still wouldn't have been able to accept.

Yeah...not everyone marries for the same reason. I feel mine has been telling me all this year about her family so Iím not as completely wrecked. She probably just got tired of fighting and lying to her mom. Just wish I would have proposed although it probably would not have made a difference.
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure my acquaintance told her boyfriend as well.

I don't know 100% either way, because I never asked. But knowing their relationship, I don't think it was a secret.

She loved him, and I seriously doubt that she would have blindsided him like that.

I think what happened is, they were both young and idealistic.

And they came from different cultures.

The guy probably told himself that she was going to change her mind.

But she knew she wasn't going to change her mind. And she didn't.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I think you're right - it wouldn't have made a difference. She still wouldn't have been able to accept.
    I agree.

Just based on what I witnessed, the cutoff was so absolutely decisive and immediate. It seemed clear that there was never any room for alternatives.

I don't know 100% either way, because I never asked. But knowing their relationship, I don't think it was a secret.

She loved him, and I seriously doubt that she would have blindsided him like that.

I agree.

Just based on what I witnessed, the cutoff was so absolutely decisive and immediate. It seemed clear that there was never any room for alternatives.
    Yeah decisive and immediate...still no clue why she texted me this past Tuesday about her work discount. I donít need her 10% discount nor have I ever asked for it. She asked then replied nvm bye 4 minutes later before I could respond. Just noise?

I agree.

Yeah decisive and immediate...still no clue why she texted me this past Tuesday about her work discount. I donít need her 10% discount nor have I ever asked for it. She asked then replied nvm bye 4 minutes later before I could respond. Just noise?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice