Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I want my ex back but she is engaged?!? Help!

Thanks for all the replies...I like talking about this as it calms me down as I'm too slow to fit the pieces together in real time.

It was just mind-boggling to me for her to come over one last time and be intimate with me since she knew this guy for a bit. I assume she simply just cared about me enough to see for one last time which must mean I was more than a rebound from her last engagement. I didn't want my life to be full of regret so I was contemplating one last gesture ( proposing and learning arabic to please her family ). I know that if it was meant to be it will be and just needed to be talked down from the ledge. Getting Ready for a First Date

Help!

I want to see her at her work today! I'm losing it again...

Platinum Member
    Tread carefully my ENA friend. Just remember, the more you talk to her or see her, the more you could put her health or life in danger. I live in a area that is very populated with people form the Middle East and I have seen those that have adjusted culturally and some that have stayed with their strict culture.
    It is unfortunate that it has come to this but you are powerless to stop it. And I fear that the more you try to reach out, the more danger you might put her in.
    What you might need is information or an understanding of the culture. Find out where they hang out during the day. Maybe they go to a park or a store where they are or whatever and talk to a male figure and keep it very informal. Mention no names and dont give them hints as to who you are. Because it is a very small community and word could get back to the brother or family so be careful.
    OR you can just leave her alone and wish her a good life.

Originally Posted by No1
    Tread carefully my ENA friend. Just remember, the more you talk to her or see her, the more you could put her health or life in danger. I live in a area that is very populated with people form the Middle East and I have seen those that have adjusted culturally and some that have stayed with their strict culture.
    It is unfortunate that it has come to this but you are powerless to stop it. And I fear that the more you try to reach out, the more danger you might put her in.
    What you might need is information or an understanding of the culture. Find out where they hang out during the day. Maybe they go to a park or a store where they are or whatever and talk to a male figure and keep it very informal. Mention no names and dont give them hints as to who you are. Because it is a very small community and word could get back to the brother or family so be careful.
    I did not reach out to her...she actually just texted me if I used her work discount??? How should I respond?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Just leave this woman alone. She’s going to get beaten again or killed if you keep this up. Just stop it.

Originally Posted by No1
    Traditions are the first to erode in a new country...eventually all that remains will be the food.

I was raised catholic so we are already the same religion. If I was given the chance, I would have asked her mother to be formally engaged. I would have learned Arabic so we could attend church together and keep traditions. I play in 4 soccer leagues too so I am sure to find some Chaldeans for more info. I am not doing nothing unless she contacts me and breaks it off on her own free will.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Dr Whom
    Traditions are the first to erode in a new country...eventually all that remains will be the food.

I was raised catholic so we are already the same religion. If I was given the chance, I would have asked her mother to be formally engaged. I would have learned Arabic so we could attend church together and keep traditions. I play in 4 soccer leagues too so I am sure to find some Chaldeans for more info. I am not doing nothing unless she contacts me and breaks it off on her own free will.
    Her mom is not in charge her eldest male relative is.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Just leave this woman alone. She’s going to get beaten again or killed if you keep this up. Just stop it.
    Yes...she just contacted me tonight and blocked me again before I could respond. I have not contacted her in any way. She needs to decide her own life as I will not let her or her family dictate mine.

Originally Posted by Dr Whom
    Yes...she just contacted me tonight and blocked me again before I could respond. I have not contacted her in any way. She needs to decide her own life as I will not let her or her family dictate mine.
    Well ,they dictate hers so good luck with that. More you contact her or try and see her or whatever obviously you’re putting her in danger if her brother has beaten her up before. Her brother is in charge not mama. In middle eastern cultures women are not in charge.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Well ,they dictate hers so good luck with that. More you contact her or try and see her or whatever obviously you’re putting her in danger if her brother has beaten her up before. Her brother is in charge not mama. In middle eastern cultures women are not in charge.
    Her eldest brother married an American girl. He got thrown in jail because of his wife and got divorced. He also got in a car accident and doesn’t work. The mother appears to be in charge in her family. They fight regardless of what I do or don’t do.

Regardless...I am still in no contact despite the breadcrumb I got tonight.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice