Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caught bf on tinder/dating apps

What you should do is raise your standards and stop wasting your time on cheating lying losers. No, OP, he doesn't feel guilty about anything because he couldn't care less if he tried.

What you do is nothing. Literally. Never speak to him again. Like never ever ever. Even if he remembers you exist a month or two from now, silence from you. No response.

So many guys out there who would love and value being with you, call you, be there for you, etc. Why on earth are you wasting your life and time clinging on to the one guy who not only doesn't care, but cheats and lies to your face about it like you are a complete fool. Aim for better than this loser. When you come across losers, you don't cling on for dear life, you laugh, drop them, and keep going on with your life. It's like stepping in something while walking. You clean your shoes and keep on walking. You don't pick up the stinking pile of poo and take it home with you.

Uninstall him/block/delete.

He did it previously and promised to stop. He breaks that promise and does it more. You confront him and he lies about it. He ignores you for hours and sometimes for days.
    What exactly is in this for you?
    Stop wasting your time on this clown and block his number.

Even without the screenshots, if he doesn't even care enough about you to want to hear your voice once a day, and can't muster more than a one word text per day, then why would you look for solutions to salvage this? Don't date again until you can say with conviction: A guy has to treat me right to stay in my life.

i agree with all the others.

I know what you mean about, he can be perfect at times... but that "at times" is all choice on his part.

I don't know if you tolerate this crap because you don't want to be alone, you are embarrassed to break up or what but, you must look at the bigger picture.

A person who blatantly disrespects you and shows no care, is no way, no how, going to magically change.

The ONLY thing you can do is stop tolerating BS! The first time! Every chance you give, you get a little more sucked in and the ego takes over that he has to prove you right. but on his side, he's learning, you well put up with whatever. so no effort on his part is needed.

You're being a door mat.

A tinder profile is a huge no-no
    Ignoring you text or phone calls for HOURS AND DAYS also a huge no-no
    Not looking up from a video game when you call him out, you guessed it a huge no-no

wake up, OP... next time he texts you, tell him to stop and then block him

You owe him nothing! the exact same effort he's given you.

You do not need to have a person agree that they are wrong, in order for you to act according to your own compass.

It's always these moments I remind posters that if they haven't lost respect for you, they are going to.
    If I treated someone this poorly and they just kept coming back for more, I wouldn't respect them.
    Allowing this suggests you have no self respect. Believe you deserve better

He is too immature and stupid for you. Dump him. Tell him you can't be with someone you can't trust and walk away.
    Originally Posted by mangosyum
    boyfriend caught on tinder. .. he denied doing anything... he continued playing his video games. I haven't contacted him either. How should I go about this?

"Here's your hat, what's your hurry?" Dispose of him at the nearest exit...He'll survive.

Originally Posted by Lambert
    You do not need to have a person agree that they are wrong, in order for you to act according to your own compass.
    This is so clutch. When you let go of the need to be right and the need to punish, life gets so much simpler.

Serious question here. Do you not like yourself at all? Why on earth would you allow a boy to treat you like this and then go back to him?

You shouldn't be desperately hanging onto a man like this. Or obsessively checking your phone for a message from him. First of all, that would make anyone feel awful and second of all, he can't and doesn't care for you that much if he can treat you that way.

YOU are the one who gets to decide what kind of treatment you will or won't allow. YOU are the one who gets to decide if you deserve better than this or if you stay with someone who doesn't even respect you enough to message you back.

1.) He cheated on you (and more than likely still is)
    2.) He does not care to even be decent enough to message you back
    3.) He lies to you.
    4.) He treats you as someone to keep around when he has no other options but is always going to be a cheater.

Those are more than enough reasons to kick him to the curb and never look back. You deserve better, (or at least I hope you know you do!!)
    Don't ask why he did this or if he will change...that doesn't matter. He is a crap man. Ask why you continue to take it or stay with someone who treats you so poorly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice