Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: problems with neighbour

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by kathy679
    Yes We are two people who are chalk and cheese. I dont get her and she doesnt get me. I found no common ground with her whats so ever but i do not wish her any harm. Shes struggling as am i with separate problems. I dont dislike her at all and i hope shes happy in life. I just dont like to feel awkward especually where i live
    I am sure she doesnít either.

Platinum Member
    I do not understand why you brought up your homeless friend. Really unnecessary.

You should have shut down this neighbor, long ago. Stop playing therapist. When someone starts treating you as a sounding board, excuse yourself. Develop some boundaries.

You seem to have a lot of issues with the neighbors. Things escalate to a place they never need to be. What did you do about the noise issue?

I see two choices, either just ignore her and carry on with your life or tell her you want to talk to her and say something about you both need to get along to share the common space of your building. You dont have to be friends but it would be nice to feel comfortable in your yard and hallway and maybe you need to be the bigger person and make the effort to get along. If you dont want to do that, then the negative feelings on both sides will continue.

Block her on your phone if you dont want her calling you.

You're both playing the game of one-upping the other on rudeness. She told you a problem, and you responded in a one-up that rubbed her the wrong way. Then you tell her a problem, and she rubbed you the wrong way.

You're even, so call it a day. Stop engaging her except for a pleasant hello if your paths cross. If she engages your other neighbor, wave to them both and keep moving.

As for the smell, keep that door closed and use the other one.

Consider the biggest one-up for both of you: in a global pandemic, some things just aren't important. Do your head a good turn and let it all roll off of you instead of focusing on it and picking it apart. You'll thank yourself later.

Head high, we can all do this.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by kathy679
    Anyway this neighbour messaged me at 11.30pm asking for help as she has lost her house keys. I messaged back and said your lucky you have just lost your keys my friend has just lost his home and hes sleeping in a tent in the garden.
    You were rude first.

I can't fathom why you responded this way to her.

If you don't like your neighbors and you know nothing is going to change...move out. I would hire an agency to get the process done faster.

I'm confused as to why this homeless person still can't do the home repairs he was supposed to do.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I'm confused as to why this homeless person still can't do the home repairs he was supposed to do.
    This whole thing is very confusing to me!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    But also before you move somebody into a common backyard you should have asked all your neighbours if that was OK AND your landlord. Because now people have a reason to complain about you.

Platinum Member
    Yes this. Also I have gotten locked out a few times - sometimes misplaced keys other times because my card key malfunctioned. Very often a neighbor has come to the rescue and Iíve been so grateful. And helped others too. It would have rankled me to hear some snarky retort when I was feeling so vulnerable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice