Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to stop my daughter from controlling me and not hurt our relationship?

I agree it's time to distance yourself from her socially. You don't have to let her know what you do, or who you interact with, or what your plans are.

You do what you want to do and if you need to get your point across make it firm. like the others have said, you get pushed around because you let her. Shut her down. I'm 56 and my damn mother still lectures me on finances, and other personal stuff and I have to tell her to mind her own business. Seriously I am working and doing just fine, but she always finds something to nick pick about. She won't stop so I talk to her as little as possible. I have a feeling your daughter won't let up, so it would be best to limit any information from her about your personal life.

You need serious BOUNDARIES with her. Stop telling her things that will make her interfere in your life. When she starts in on you, tell her you will not discuss (whatever) with her and then stop discussing it.

As for her and the fiance visiting soon - that's a huge NO! This virus mess is not over, not even close.

Dont tell her about your bf and his health unless it's life threatening and even then think twice about it.

You've allowed her to act the way she is doing and it's time for it to stop.

Multiple accounts are not allowed. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice