Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex still texts me even though she has a new guy

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately she is doing the "lets be friends" thing . The friendzone is common after breakups, but a very painful place to be if you are hoping to reconcile. Distance yourself.
    Originally Posted by Jonny346
    Me and my ex split up around 6 weeks ago .she had a new boyfriend as she put it on facebook. she text me saying she didnt want to get back with me

dont wait for her to come back
    dont be available for her
    just move on you 2 had your time now its time for only you and your life
    why waste it on somebody who is not part of it nomore

Thanks everyone, advice has been taken onboard and i have blocked her on all social media. If she texts me ill send one last reply laying down how im moving on and dont want to talk to her.

Thanks

4. 05-17-2020, 02:30 AM

Platinum Member
    Here is something or somethings you might not have thought of. 1. She could be texting you to ease her guilt. By making sure you are okay, she could be easing her guilt by liking this guy while you two were together. You also gave her a huge net by saying that you will be there in case it fails with this guy. And #2.. by talking or texting you, you are allowing her to emotionally disconnect from you. Or in other words, you are allowing her to make the transition from you to the new guy easy.
    Either way its a win-win for her. If it fails, you will be a very good second option and if she ends up with this guy then she can move on because you have helped her ease her guilt.

So rather than thinking she wants you (which she doesn't) or thinking its a game, you should perhaps stop thinking what she wants and concentrate on what you want. Accept that its over, she is not coming back and you should work on you. Let her go, she had her chance and you find someone else that wants to be with you and not have you be the best second option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice