Can you be attached to someone you don’t have feelings for?

My fwb wants to stop hooking up because I confessed my feelings for him. He says he doesn’t feel the same yet he says he feels attached to me and gets jealous of other men that try talking to me. Can you really be attached to someone without having feelings for them?

If you want a boyfriend, with all the privileges that means, then dump this guy and stop being anyone's fwb. He is only interested in maintaining his supply of sexual encounters with you.

And just be the type of person who only wants a romantic relationship committed to one person fully.

Hedging your bets the way you have? It does not work for progressing to a committed romantic relationship.

You mentioned having feelings for him but not explicitly saying you'd want to date him. Is that what you want? Just curious.

We can have feelings for people but have no intention of dating them at all due to other incompatibilities or being dissimilar in general.

I'd think about it, give it a break for a day or two and then see whether you want to continue seeing him as fwb. It doesn't sound like you've burned any bridges and you both have a pre-existing understanding. It's up to you and what you want.

My fwb wants to stop hooking up because I confessed my feelings for him. He says he doesn’t feel the same yet he says he feels attached to me and gets jealous of other men that try talking to me. Can you really be attached to someone without having feelings for them?

My guess is he's simply telling you what you want to hear in order to secure his place in line, so to speak. He'll likely throw you a crumb here and there, yet if you continue to ask too many questions, he'll bail and move on to the next candidate.

You'll have have more luck if you present yourself as a person who is worthy of dating. JMO...

Yes because you like the attention... It has nothing to do with wanting the person. It's filling a void that as soon as he meets someone he does like, you will be dropped like a hot potato.

Sorry. End this situation. Save yourself.

Absolutely!!! He is attached to the sex on tap , jealous of other guys getting to get the sex on tap that runs his tap dry.

He would never have entered a fwb thing with you if he thought you didn’t understand the rules.

That’s all normal. It sounds like he is respectful of your feelings so has chosen to end the sex with you and go pursue it elsewhere.

Why did you agree to fwb? And at what point did you think it could be anything else?

I’m glad you told him you can’t be fwb anymore rather than stringing yourself along thinking it was something else. And that he acknowledged it.

Sorry to hear this. he wants bf benefits but treats you like just a hookup. Stop seeing him if he is this disrespectful. He is attached to sex, not you.

My fwb wants to stop hooking up because I confessed my feelings for him. He says he doesn’t feel the same yet

Archived