Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

Just remember there are regular illnesses and allergies out there.

I am trying to tell myself that. But we are told "if you're sick, stay home". That man had the option to work from home but he told everyone he was tired of being at home so he came in. To me that is selfish. I'm sorry you're "bored" at home but how about thinking about your coworkers?

Short of staying inside by myself for the rest of my life, I will just have to accept that I could be exposed.

Thing is, I am actually interested in the work. It is something I feel I can be very good at. I just have to realize I will be anxious and somewhat worried all the time and try to power through.

I know I'm whining a lot...but I am so extremely anxious that I am completely unable to sleep.

I don't know how much more I can take. All I tried to do is go back to work to support myself and pay my bills. I don't know why things have to continue to be more and more difficult.

I'm so sorry. You know I sneezed heartily the other night -I sneeze rarely - and my mind went there momentarily. (I was at home). I even feel weird when I cough a little bit outside after I drink from my water bottle while exercising - 99.9% of the time I am very far from people. If I am not I hold back which of course is easier if the cough is water-related. But I can't believe what lengths we need to go to in these times!!

I'm still feeling sick. Sore throat, congestion, runny nose, headache. No fever, no cough, no trouble breathing. I sent an email to the staffing agency letting them know that I might not be going in tomorrow. I want to make a good impression but I really do not feel well. If it lasts another day I will contact my doctor about getting another Covid test.

I am so angry with that man at work. He spread his germs to me and now I am sick and will make a bad impression and who knows what else. I am also angry with the company for not enforcing the mask mandate that my state has in place and for not insisting that man go home when he was clearly showing signs of being ill.

I would bring that up.

I am fighting parents not bringing me their snotty kids.

I will, but I am going to do it via phone call. I have been burned in the past with someone forwarding my email to someone else and I've been called into the office to discuss. I do want to make a good impression, I want this job, but holy cow! Someone got me sick in less than a week! Now, I realize since I've been isolated for several months and have lost quite a bit of weight, my immune system is not what it should be. I do take vitamins and was doing well with exercise but then the fires hit. Then I had to pack up to move. Then I had to move. Good news is, moving is excellent exercise. I'm actually sore in my legs and shoulders. And because of moving I have not been able to just rest.

I do sincerely hope I feel better tomorrow. I want to go to work.

So some of your parents are trying to drop off their sick kids?

I hope you feel better! I sent my son to school in pre-covid days with the sniffles or a mild cold with no fever as long as he had energy. He also sometimes had allergies so it was that and not a cold. At our school the rule was no temp over 99.something or 100 (and no dosing with tylenol to bring it down lol). He never was in daycare and one time when he was in preschool age 3 I was called to pick him up because he had a cold (but no fever) -it just got worse during the morning. In elementary school they only called if your child had a fever at school. I don't think I was ever called for that.

I haven't had time to write much...

One of the senior managers said on a call today that he's been going to a lot of car shows because he likes that no one there wears a mask so he doesn't either. And yes, he works in the same office I do.

Nice to know he's going to potential super spreader events and then coming to work to share whatever he picks up with the rest of us.

What is wrong with these people????

It would be nice to work from home. When you work from home (office work) and you're not busy you can DO things...throw in a load of laundry, wash up dishes, clean, prep for dinner...but when you're in the office those things are not possible! I am not at all busy and keep searching for some task to do but there's nothing.

I do appreciate it because I know there are times it will get crazy busy. But I would like to do some things I really need to do at home!

AND working from home is not an option for this job because I am a temp. They're not going to set up a home network for just a temp. Ah well...

They said being direct hired is possible but I am covering a maternity leave. The manager said she "might" not come back. But she's still logging on to respond to emails so I don't see her as someone who wants to quit working.

I am still searching for a direct hire position.

No way can I do longer. By the time I get home I am exhausted and viciously cranky. I have 2 hours to shower, get set up for the next day, try to grab something quick to eat and then I have to go to bed because I get up at 4:15 am.

I will be moving closer to my current job in about 6-8 weeks. But I can't do a longer drive.

Sick man in the next cubicle is back. He's coughing repeatedly with no mask on and is also forcefully blowing his nose. We are told to stay home if we're sick but this place does not enforce any safety protocols.

I realize every workplace is like this. I hope he just has a cold or hay fever. He already got me sick once.

Sick man in the next cubicle is back. He's coughing repeatedly with no mask on and is also forcefully blowing his nose. We are told to stay home if we're sick but this place does not enforce any safety protocols.

I realize every workplace is like this. I hope he just has a cold or hay fever. He already got me sick once.

I know you're new but I go to HR when I see a rash of sick people. -Or one person who is obviously I'll. Granted I've been at my job for 17 yrs and they know I wouldn't say anything w/o good reason.

I had hr ask for names and they went to each person and asked them to leave.

I've only done this twice in my entire time with this company but they acted on it immediately. And that was at a pre pandemic time.

I also get not all employers are this way. . But. .

Well, I'm a temp so I can go to my staffing agent and tell her they aren't enforcing safe protocols. But I would have to be willing to lose the assignment. I like the work and feel like I can be a real asset. I just hope these people have seasonal allergies or the common cold.

And no, they don't send anyone home. The director was bragging in front of the entire staff about going to a lot of car shows because they don't require masks. He said he likes not having to wear a mask when he attends. So, no help from him!

Well, I'm a temp so I can go to my staffing agent and tell her they aren't enforcing safe protocols. But I would have to be willing to lose the assignment. I like the work and feel like I can be a real asset. I just hope these people have seasonal allergies or the common cold.

And no, they don't send anyone home. The director was bragging in front of the entire staff about going to a lot of car shows because they don't require masks. He said he likes not having to wear a mask when he attends. So, no help from him!

Without a doubt, you are in a tough spot.