Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

I've been sick for about a week and a half. Sore throat, congestion and runny nose, fatigue, body aches, headache, lightheadedness. No fever, no cough. Blood oxygen (according to my oximeter) is down a bit, from the usual 98 to between 95 and 96. Different websites tell me different things; some say anything under 95 should result in a trip to the ER, others say below 92 or below 90. I'm checking my blood oxygen and taking my temp about every hour. I had a Covid test Wednesday and am repeatedly checking my email for the results although I probably won't get them until Monday sometime.

I'm worried I got infected during that scary work meeting that had about 35 people crammed into a small office space, with the attendees mask-less. I'm worried that if I am infected I will have exposed my brother and nephews and gotten them sick. I'm trying to stay away from them as much as possible. I did help cook Thanksgiving dinner but I was as careful as I could be.

I've been sick like this several times this year. No Covid so far. I'm nervous and scared. I really hope the test is negative.

I hope it's negative too!! I'm so sorry you had to be at that meeting. Do you know if anyone else there tested positive?

I hope it's negative too!! I'm so sorry you had to be at that meeting. Do you know if anyone else there tested positive?

I left that job, so if someone did start feeling sick and got tested and it was positive they most likely wouldn't notify me. They didn't seem to take the pandemic very seriously at all, in fact one of the managers said he went to a lot of car shows specifically because the organizers didn't require the attendees to wear masks and he liked that. They all whipped their masks off before and during the meeting while I hid in my cubicle with my mask on, hoping the recirculated air wasn't infectious.

I started feeling sick only two days after the meeting so that would seem to be kind of soon, but I will feel better getting a negative test result.

I just got an email saying the results will be delayed, which I expected. Last time this testing site took 4 days for the results to come in. It's been 2 days (not counting Thanksgiving day, I'm sure the labs weren't processing the test kits on that day) so I have at least 2 more days to wait.

My cousin's chest x-ray last night shows her lungs are beginning to clear. This is good news! I hope she's well enough to go home to her family soon. Also hope her husband and child remain Covid-free.

I still am not feeling well. Still have the achy head, body aches, congestion, sore throat, fatigue and lightheadedness. Still no fever, no cough and blood oxygen has been between 98 and 99 per my oximeter. Test results still not received. Hoping for a negative test.

Test was negative!

I'm so relieved, mainly because I would have felt awful if I had it and spread it to my brother, nephews and my nephew's girlfriend. Also my son and his spouse.

Huge weight off of my mind.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Now hoping my cousin is well enough to go home soon.

• Like 2
Test was negative!

I'm so relieved, mainly because I would have felt awful if I had it and spread it to my brother, nephews and my nephew's girlfriend. Also my son and his spouse.

Huge weight off of my mind.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Now hoping my cousin is well enough to go home soon.

Hooray for you and best wishes to your cousin for a speedy recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

My ex from 19 years ago (yes, really!) messaged me out of nowhere this morning. I haven't seen or spoken to him since 2015. I think he has a girlfriend too. I haven't read the message because I don't really want to, TBH. And I used to be so in love with this guy.

Pandemic is causing all kinds of people to come out of the woodwork. 

I had blood work done the other day.  I've been suspecting my extreme weight loss was due to being overmedicated for hypothyroidism.  And yep, sure enough the blood test results indicated I need an adjustment to my dosage.  So I should get the new dose in the next couple of days.

I knew it!!

My nephew and my brother are both self-isolating in the house.  My nephew for about a week and my brother started today.  My nephew was throwing up and has a sore throat and my brother has cold symptoms that started a couple of days ago.  So I'm the only one moving about freely which is kind of ironic.

My nephew went for a Covid test today.  My brother so far is not willing to get tested.  Although he's a lifelong athlete who played hurt many times, he's very nervous about anything involving tests and/or needles.  He won't get a flu shot and wants to "wait and see" how other people react to the vaccine before he'll consider getting it.  So he's just going to lay low and hope his symptoms go away, I guess.

So far I feel OK but I'm sure if they have it I will get it too. I figure if we all get sick, hopefully we'll all have mild cases. I'm not working right now and my brother is working from home and my nephew is attending college online, so all we have to worry about is procuring food.  Since I have no symptoms I can get us food, I guess.

For some reason the idea of getting exposed from them bothers me less than if I was the one who exposed them.

I'm just glad this is happening two weeks before Christmas, so we can still see our kids (with safety protocols, of course).

15 hours ago, boltnrun said:

For some reason the idea of getting exposed from them bothers me less than if I was the one who exposed them.

That's interesting. Are you still in therapy? That's something I'd definitely explore it with my therapist. Mainly for curiosity's sake, but also because it could actually be helpful to understand the mechanics of my (your) anxiety.

3 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

My nephew has Covid 😞 I'll have to get re-tested and my brother will need a test too.

I am so sorry. Hugs. I just found out my best friend her 92 year old cousin has it and his wife and they are both hospitalized. They are in the US as well. 

Many many prayers for you and your family. 

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I am so sorry. Hugs. I just found out my best friend her 92 year old cousin has it and his wife and they are both hospitalized. They are in the US as well. 

Many many prayers for you and your family. 

Thank you.  We just got back from getting tested.  We figure we probably have it.  So far we feel a bit ill but not too bad.

Funny how I'm facing what's been my worst fear and I feel strangely calm.

I feel bad for my nephew.  He's been feeling kind of awful for about a week now.  And he's young, only 22.

8 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thank you.  We just got back from getting tested.  We figure we probably have it.  So far we feel a bit ill but not too bad.

Funny how I'm facing what's been my worst fear and I feel strangely calm.

I feel bad for my nephew.  He's been feeling kind of awful for about a week now.  And he's young, only 22.

I feel in my heart you will all be ok. If you need to talk at all I am here. ❤️

4 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I feel in my heart you will all be ok. If you need to talk at all I am here. ❤️

Thank you.

In a way it would be a relief to get it and have it be over with.  No more fear of catching it.  I just hope our cases are not too severe so we don't have to be hospitalized.  My nephew is already feeling a bit better.

14 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Wishing you all the best.

Thank you.

Symptoms are getting a bit worse but so far (thankfully) do not necessitate a trip to the ER. Headache, body aches, sore throat, moderate cough. 

We should have our test results tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, we are resting.

Annoying thing is, I was planning to grocery shop tomorrow so I am very low on food. Nearest store that does curbside pickup is 25 minutes away. Ah well...