Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

My workplace hosted a 45 person meeting right here in the office. Yep, not a whole lot of masks going on. I'm not sure if the restrictions allow for large work meetings or not. I am not thrilled about it. I didn't go near the meeting although it was being held in the same large room where my cubicle sits. Ugh...

Not feeling well today. I've been feeling sick-ish since Friday. I'm leaving work early and going for a Covid test.

So I have a theory that I heard on the radio. We've been in lockdown/socially distancing - you recently went back to an in person office but you're not used to being around a lot of people -maybe your immune system is weaker now? So you're picking up all the colds/sniffles everyone else has, much more easily?

That's probably true. I also have a few medical conditions that cause me to be more vulnerable to some things like colds and sinus issues. Although I was told my sinuses are in excellent condition so that is good.

I've also been tested for lupus, RA and diabetes. So who knows.

I do feel better today. But now there are wildfires that I have to drive near to get to and from work. So more scratchy throat and irritated nose!

Should have Covid test results by tomorrow.

Yay Dodgers!

I feel bad for my brother. I suspected from day one that this marriage was going to end up a big mistake. But since I love him and want whatever makes him happy, I only said something once and then I let it go. Now he's heartbroken and watching tons of videos about narcissists because he's convinced she's one.

I listen while he vents. And I tell him he's a decent man and a good father. Which he is.

He's less experienced with this heartbreak thing than I am. So hopefully I can help him.

I feel bad for my brother. I suspected from day one that this marriage was going to end up a big mistake. But since I love him and want whatever makes him happy, I only said something once and then I let it go. Now he's heartbroken and watching tons of videos about narcissists because he's convinced she's one.

I listen while he vents. And I tell him he's a decent man and a good father. Which he is.

He's less experienced with this heartbreak thing than I am. So hopefully I can help him.

So sorry to hear this!

My good friend is currently in isolation at home waiting for his Covid test results. He continued to see friends, go places in public, travel and do things like go bowling. He said the reason was he hadn't seen his friends in a long time. So he participated in risky behaviors.

I'm not his mother so I didn't chastise him when he told me about these activities. I just told him I hoped he stayed safe. And he said there was nothing to worry about.

Just two days ago he was posting on social media about going places all over the city with his friend who was visiting. Today he told me he was out of work because one of the friends he'd been going places with called him to advise he be tested because she had been in close contact with someone who tested positive. Now my friend is waiting at home for his results and his spouse had to be tested and he had to tell the friend who visited (along with all the other friends he's been going places with) to get tested.

I hope he's OK. And I hope his test is negative and that this experience causes him to REALLY be more careful.

And I didn't chastise him. I just told him I hope everyone is OK and tests negative. No need to give him a hard time.

My good friend is currently in isolation at home waiting for his Covid test results. He continued to see friends, go places in public, travel and do things like go bowling. He said the reason was he hadn't seen his friends in a long time. So he participated in risky behaviors.

I'm not his mother so I didn't chastise him when he told me about these activities. I just told him I hoped he stayed safe. And he said there was nothing to worry about.

Just two days ago he was posting on social media about going places all over the city with his friend who was visiting. Today he told me he was out of work because one of the friends he'd been going places with called him to advise he be tested because she had been in close contact with someone who tested positive. Now my friend is waiting at home for his results and his spouse had to be tested and he had to tell the friend who visited (along with all the other friends he's been going places with) to get tested.

I hope he's OK. And I hope his test is negative and that this experience causes him to REALLY be more careful.

And I didn't chastise him. I just told him I hope everyone is OK and tests negative. No need to give him a hard time.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation -a Facebook friend keeps flaunting all the covid-safe people, posting memes about how trick or treating is the same as drive thru takeout, etc - and now all of a sudden she's not feeling well at all - so I turned the other cheek and simply posted "hope you feel better" - (as it turned out there was no real halloween celebration because of the storm many of us experienced -power outages etc). I don't want anyone to be sick, I'm not her mother, and yes, she has two toddlers and her rude flaunting posts sometimes got to me.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation -a Facebook friend keeps flaunting all the covid-safe people, posting memes about how trick or treating is the same as drive thru takeout, etc - and now all of a sudden she's not feeling well at all - so I turned the other cheek and simply posted "hope you feel better" - (as it turned out there was no real halloween celebration because of the storm many of us experienced -power outages etc). I don't want anyone to be sick, I'm not her mother, and yes, she has two toddlers and her rude flaunting posts sometimes got to me.

🙄🙄🙄🙄 I have these people too. It makes me want want to say please go get COVID and shut up, but I stay silent.

My friend's test was negative. I'm glad for him.

So, I had to explain to my brother AGAIN why it's not cool to tease someone who has diagnosed Covid related anxiety about having Covid! I have been having cold symptoms and was talking to my nephew about it. My brother kept saying "It's the RONA, you got the RONA." Even though I ready told him it causes my anxiety to spike and could he please not do that. He said he thought I was joking about it and he was just playing along. I did NOT even say the words Covid or Coronavirus so I don't know why he pulled that excuse out of his butt. He apparently thinks I'm just being silly and he can just joke the anxiety out of me. Would that it were that easy. I really need him to stop it.

I'm trying to move out if anyone was going to say it. I have an interview tomorrow for a permanent position. If I get a permanent position I can move out with my cousins and sign a lease.

I love my brother but he just isn't understanding my situation.

My brother is currently visiting a woman "friend" of his. This is a woman who, every time he and his wife split (third time so far...), he gets back in touch with her. He previously was kind of dating her. I don't think that's a nice thing to do, only contact her or spend time with her between breakups and reconciliations. I like this woman, I was hoping he'd marry HER instead of his wife, but what he's doing isn't nice. I get that it makes him feel better to be around someone who obviously carries a torch for him, but still...

None of my business and I will never say anything to him. But I saw him do this after the previous split with his wife. I wasn't living with him at the time so I did say something and he acknowledged what he was doing, but he's doing it again. But nope, I will not say anything. They're both adults and don't need me butting into their business.

I decided to leave my temp assignment, the drive home was about 2 1/4 hours and it was really getting me down, plus I haven't been able to recover from this cold because I don't get enough rest. I had an interview a couple days ago and now that I'm not spending 4 plus hours on the freeway I will have time to apply for more jobs. Thankfully I have savings so I won't go broke if it takes me a month or two to find a job.

Thank you ladies.

I do have a medical condition that required major surgery a few years ago, that affects my digestive system. I sure can't afford to lose anymore weight, so now that I will have a few days (hopefully not TOO many!) of not working I will schedule an appointment to see my medical doctor.

Hope you are feeling better today!

Thank you, unfortunately not so much.

My symptoms are so weird. My head feels foggy and there's some pressure (I wouldn't call it pain) in my sinus area, I feel congested although I can breathe through my nose just fine, my throat is scratchy feeling (again, not painful and I can swallow just fine with no pain), my joints ache (this is everyday for me, not new), I feel fatigued, somewhat weak and somewhat lightheaded and I have the runs. What the heck could all that mean???

I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to schedule an appointment. I suspect he'll order blood work. I do have thyroid disease so it's possible my levels are off, but that doesn't explain the runs. Blood work should tell the story.