I have to say, this experience has given me a new perspective on people who suffer from depression and other mental/emotional conditions. I've been diagnosed with a "depressed episode" before and I remember feeling awful, but it was a long time ago (about 12 years). I remember feeling overwhelmingly sad, nothing helped, not even my kids (which was awful)...this time it's worse because I'm also fearful and anxious. And what I'm fearful of is real, not something that I can make go away on my own with work.

I both envy and am upset with people who are going about their lives as though the pandemic doesn't exist. Eating at restaurants, ordering takeout, going to the beach, going shopping for fun...things I can't fathom doing, they are doing like it's nothing. They call it going on with their lives, while I am not, and while I am upset with them because their behaviors are contributing to the spread and are the reason why things are getting worse. I don't understand, to be honest...how are they not concerned? How are they able to just do things without any worry about getting sick? They say they aren't going to let it affect them, but I honestly don't understand how they are able to be so completely without fear. Why can't I be like that?

I don't have any answers...