Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety Help - Journal

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    What one therapist used to ask me when I had anxiety what was in my thoughts and environment JUST before the anxiety took place . Then I could identify triggers and rationalize the trigger.

The only thing I did was start back up packing my things. I suppose that could be a trigger? But I don't get it, I want out of this place, I want the move done.

Maybe because there is still so much to do.

And I'm not feeling well again. The wind kicked back up and the clouds are moving in. My throat started hurting and my temp, which is usually around 97.7 degrees, is 98.3. Not a fever, but higher than my usual.

Super ugh.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I feel better now, but then I usually do when I eat. It's just hard for me to get motivated to eat when nothing appeals.
    Well, when I wrote the above I was feeling OK. Now anxiety is back full force. Heart racing. I just don't get why I can be fine one minute and a basket case a few minutes later.
    Do you go for more than 3 hours between meals?

A drop in your blood sugar might be amplifying your anxiety in addition to all of the other factors you have going on.

It might help to have something fast, small, and nutritious handy.

Maybe cut up a quality protein bar and have a piece every hour or so to prevent a sudden drop in your blood sugar.

Not a big huge meal commitment, just something that you can at least nibble on and control.

It won't get rid of your anxiety, but it might take the edge off.

Just to complicate things, I have a lot of dietary restrictions. No dairy, no nuts, no red meat, no chocolate. I find that most nutrition bars have at least one of those things in them. And even cereal bars have hidden nuts ground up into them.

And I eat very seldom. Nothing appeals to me. Which is disappointing because I usually love food. But the way I feel right now, I will never patronize a restaurant again because I have way too much fear. Not logical at all but true.

Sorry for the pity party. I wish I could be one of those people who is just going on with their lives like everything is normal. I envy those who are not afraid.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think it is time for your gp as it is affecting your physical health.

I'll have to hold off seeing a doctor until I get to my new state. I only have Monday and Tuesday here and I won't be able to fit in a doctor visit what with all the packing.

One thing I plan to do is sleep in tomorrow. With training I had to start class at 7 am and I haven't been sleeping much so I was awake at about 4:30 am every day. And this morning I was up at 5 to go to Walmart. Now that training is done and I have all day to pack I am hoping to stay in bed until about 8:30 am. Problem is my cat gets into my face meowing loudly if I'm not up by 5:30 getting her breakfast, but I could feed her and then go back to bed. It sounds like such a luxury!

I did eat some frozen pizza (I cooked it first). It didn't taste all that great but I got food in me. I might make some pudding tonight as I have developed quite a sweet tooth since I started having trouble with anxiety (last Fall). I make sugar-free pudding with lactose free milk. It's very yummy! I do wish I'd thought to pick up some non-dairy frozen dessert this morning but I won't make a special trip to the store just for that. I saw a woman a couple of weeks ago with her mask and all that at the store and she was just buying a six pack of beer! I guess she really wanted her beer! Anyway, sweets have been really the only thing that interests me food-wise, but fortunately I only do sugar-free or low sugar. And not frequently.

I think once I'm settled in my new home near my kids and family I will feel much better. One of my soon to be coworkers was told to just wait at home until they have a spot for him in an existing location since ours isn't opening until mid-summer. I hope they tell me the same thing! And that it's not a place that requires me to travel!

Anxiety Question

All of these amazing and brilliant regulars on this thread talking about how they have anxiety. I appreciate this so much. I too have anxiety, quite a lot and it has been at an all time high during this time because Iím also a hypochondriac. I had to get myself out of a crazy pattern of downward spiral because it was physically making me sick. I read a great book years ago on anxiety and one of her greatest pieces of advice was to under-react, which is easier said than done, if I am feeling panicky. Regarding the fear around the virus, I have to do a lot of self-talk and a lot of focusing elsewhere which helps tremendously!! I also lost weight because of anxiety and I already weighed just over 100lbs! I am doing much better now but I have better days and days where I donít do as well. I try to really find my own empowerment these days and I really had to dig deep to find empowerment in a situation where I felt like it was out of my hands. I go out into nature every day which also helps. Iím very spiritual and try connect with my guides (I know that might sound woo woo but I love it) every day and try to remember that we are but a teeny piece of a grand universe and everything is a dialogue. So, I dialogue with the universe daily and it helps me feel like I have a relationship with a higher realm and can get out of all of the worry and the dread.

I have a prescription for Xanax which I only take at night if I need it. I hope this all just lets you know you are not alone :-) Many of us are in the same boat. I have to catch myself feeling the dread creep in almost daily and really work to change my perspective.

Originally Posted by Nebraskagirl14
    All of these amazing and brilliant regulars on this thread talking about how they have anxiety. I appreciate this so much. I too have anxiety, quite a lot and it has been at an all time high during this time because Iím also a hypochondriac. I had to get myself out of a crazy pattern of downward spiral because it was physically making me sick. I read a great book years ago on anxiety and one of her greatest pieces of advice was to under-react, which is easier said than done, if I am feeling panicky. Regarding the fear around the virus, I have to do a lot of self-talk and a lot of focusing elsewhere which helps tremendously!! I also lost weight because of anxiety and I already weighed just over 100lbs! I am doing much better now but I have better days and days where I donít do as well. I try to really find my own empowerment these days and I really had to dig deep to find empowerment in a situation where I felt like it was out of my hands. I go out into nature every day which also helps. Iím very spiritual and try connect with my guides (I know that might sound woo woo but I love it) every day and try to remember that we are but a teeny piece of a grand universe and everything is a dialogue. So, I dialogue with the universe daily and it helps me feel like I have a relationship with a higher realm and can get out of all of the worry and the dread.

I have a prescription for Xanax which I only take at night if I need it. I hope this all just lets you know you are not alone :-) Many of us are in the same boat. I have to catch myself feeling the dread creep in almost daily and really work to change my perspective.
    Really love reading your posts, Nebraska. I especially love the part above about under-reacting, empowerment and dialogue above. That resonates with me also as I do feel interconnected with everyone and everything despite how strange our world has become. Glad you are feeling good and connecting spiritually too. Not woo woo at all. I think it's great.

Just to complicate things, I have a lot of dietary restrictions. No dairy, no nuts, no red meat, no chocolate. I find that most nutrition bars have at least one of those things in them.
    Well, I've never seen a red meat protein bar (haha--although it would make sense--beef jerky??), but yeah, protein bars pretty much contain all of those ingredients.

With training I had to start class at 7 am and I haven't been sleeping much so I was awake at about 4:30 am every day.
    Considering everything that's going on in your life, I'm really not surprised that you're having anxiety attacks.

Just starting a new job causes anxiety.

Moving your home causes anxiety.

Starting a new job and moving your home at the same time?? Major anxiety.

Starting a new job and moving your home at the same time in the middle of a pandemic? Jesus.

And your job training is messing with your sleep?

Sleep deprivation can trigger all sorts of problems, including..... Anxiety.

And then anxiety causes more sleep deprivation....

I think once I'm settled in my new home near my kids and family I will feel much better.
    I think you will, too.
    Last edited by Jibralta; 05-17-2020 at 07:53 AM.

I agree with Jib, you are going through two of lifeĎs big major stressors in a pandemic. You are bound to have anxiety.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice