LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm 35 and my mom asks about my visits with my bf

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Donít play your parents against each other. By one saying you can do something and the other saying you canít. That is playing people against each other.
    That never crossed my mind. Thatís not the issue I have. Getting Ready for a First Date

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by TulipWriter
    That never crossed my mind. Thatís not the issue I have.
    The thing is you donít need to discuss your sex life , period, whatsoever even for approval. It is not going to get you approval.

My parents said Christian can visit. My mom has said that if she catches us doing anything sexual he wonít be allowed to visit again. (Iím 35, Iím guessing sheís in denial.)

When sheís nagged me about my money in the past Iíve said, ďBring up money and Iíll bring up a memory.Ē (She hates when I bring up past memories. I have a huge memory; itís part of my autism.) Looks like Iíll use the same ultimatum with her nagging me about doing sexual stuff with my bf.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My parents said Christian can visit. My mom has said that if she catches us doing anything sexual he wonít be allowed to visit again. (Iím 35, Iím guessing sheís in denial.)

When sheís nagged me about my money in the past Iíve said, ďBring up money and Iíll bring up a memory.Ē (She hates when I bring up past memories. I have a huge memory; itís part of my autism.) Looks like Iíll use the same ultimatum with her nagging me about doing sexual stuff with my bf.
    No ,you just donít discuss it. It is gouche to go around discussing your sex life anyway. And you donít need to have sex in your parentís house. Their house their rules.

The thing is you donít need to discuss your sex life , period, whatsoever even for approval.
    Should I just play along and keep agreeing that Christian and I arenít having sex?

Should I just play along and keep agreeing that Christian and I arenít having sex?
    As I said donít discuss your sex life, period.

As I said donít discuss your sex life, period.
    I started this whole forum to figure out how to be honest with her. But all right. Looks like Iíll just play along. I honestly donít have a choice. :/

I started this whole forum to figure out how to be honest with her. But all right. Looks like Iíll just play along. I honestly donít have a choice. :/
    If being honest with her is going to get you nowhere why bother?? And I mean really no parent wants to hear about a childís sex life itís just yuck. I think she just doesnít want you giving her a grandchild she has to raise. Just tell her you have birth control covered and youíre not interested in having children and thatís it.

really no parent wants to hear about a childís sex life itís just yuck.
    Sheís not asking about my sex life. Sheís implying that she doesnít want me having sex.

Sheís not asking about my sex life. Sheís implying that she doesnít want me having sex.
    Like I said just donít it. You donít have to discuss what you donít want to discuss. Thatís part of being an adult you donít discuss what you donít want to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice