April72

I have been dating a great guy for a little over a year now. I love him and spending time with him. The issue is that I feel like I am never a priority for him. If he has errands to run or projects he is working on, those come before spending time with me. He is quite set in his routines. He can be very sweet and attentive—when I have his attention. He has been a bachelor for many years as where I was married for many years and divorced a few years ago. So, very different backgrounds.

How often do you spend time together during the average week? What would be your ideal if you did it your way? How old are the both of you? What's been his longest relationship? What was the reason for its demise? How long have you been dating? Knowing a bit more might help us to help you.

I have been dating a great guy for a little over a year now. I love him and spending time with him. The issue is that I feel like I am never a priority for him. If he has errands to run or projects he is working on, those come before spending time with me. He is quite set in his routines. He can be very sweet and attentive—when I have his attention. He has been a bachelor for many years as where I was married for many years and divorced a few years ago. So, very different backgrounds.
I mean that's kinda how attention works. For most people, projects and errands are a fact of life, so at face value, you're drawing a pretty strange line in the sand. We need more info on what exactly you think he's unreasonably focusing on or to what excess in lieu of giving you attention.

He has a busy prioritized life and those things are necessary. What he has to do isn't frivolous...he HAS to do them. It's not like he's gaming at all hours or out surfing or golfing with the fellas every moment he gets. This a compatibility thing. He is who he is and this is his life. If your expectation is to have a guy that spends a certain amount of time with you, then you are dating the wrong guy regardless of how well he treats you. When you date someone, you are discovering what they are all about and see if they fulfill your expectations. He doesn't do that 100%. And when things get serious, he's going to be working more hours to provide for you and future family etc. He ain't gonna slow down.

I understand the others here are not getting real background on you or him....are you much younger? It seems you are not getting a grasp on that he has responsibilities that puts a roof over his head and food on the table.

This may be a large part of your lifestyles, priorities and ways of going about things. He may intrinsically be someone who prefers a lot of alone time, independence and autonomy. You may be used to more couple time and joint efforts. If you can bridge the gap ok, but people get set in their ways..

He has been a bachelor for many years as where I was married for many years and divorced a few years ago. So, very different backgrounds.

Normally we just see each other on the weekends, unless I

Make the effort to invite him to do something or go

Somewhere. And, I see him on the weekends IF

He doesn’t have other things like errands, mowing,

Projects, etc. I’d love to see him at least once

Through the week.

He’s been divorced for many years. His wife’s idea. He’s Had a few

relationships since, lasting a year or so. We’ve been dating 15 mos.

Unfortunately, he doesn't sound that interested. Try to distance yourself and consider dating someone else. He doesn't seem like relationship material.

I’d love to see him at least once Through the week. He’s been divorced for many years. His wife’s idea. We’ve been dating 15 mos.

Archived