Ex that broke up with me due to distance text me still

Izac1789

Hi guys, I posted previously about an ex and how we broke up around 3 weeks ago due to long distance and also age factors and having different goals right now. I was doing well with the break up and accepted it well, but she randomly text me out of the blue the other day to see how I was doing, and was asking if I now hate her etc and how she would be open for meeting again further down the line if I was ever in Asia where she lives again.. my first reaction was quite short but after a couple of texts I said I'd be open to meet her in Asia one day maybe, once I said this she kind of just ended the conversation then..

Anyway, I hadn't spoken to her then for a few days but a weak moment I cracked yesterday and asked how she was, I also asked her if anything triggered the break up and if she was moving on now. I know it's none of my business now as we broke up and shouldn't have asked. She took it like I was asking if she had cheated on me and was upset she thought I was thinking that. I didn't mean that but what I meant was if there was a trigger to make her think it wouldn't work because the ending was quite abrupt.

I text to explain that but Its just left things on a sour note and I'm finding it harder to not think about things than i was initially.. Can anyone offer any advice please?

It sounds like she just intended the message as an olive branch.

It's understandable that you would wonder if someone else is in the picture, or if something specific happened. I wouldn't stress too much about her reaction to your questions. The outcome would have been the same ether way - still broken up, but with a vague offer to maybe meet again someday if you happen to be in her corner of the world. In other words, your questions and her response doesn't change the result here. Don't be too hard on yourself for it.

Agree, unfortunately the friendzone and "don't hate me for ending it" are frequent maneuvers for the one breaking up. If you can stay friends great but if you need space to reflect, just so do.

It sounds like she just intended the message as an olive branch.

Why pour emotional energy into someone who dumped you? What would change in the future? The long distance and age differences aren't going away. I'd block and delete, since a new love won't want to date someone who keeps in touch with an ex.

Try local dating for a higher risk of success and easier way to date.

It's the same girl that asked about a threesome yes. she never cheated, I never wrote that on here..

We dated since December so only a few months

Sorry, that was about the previous gf.

I suggest you cut all contact as there is nothing to gain, but pain, by staying in touch.

I agree with you, I just feel bad for leaving it on a bad note and her thinking bad of me, in what before this was a amicable break up.

I sent her a text to finish to explain as I mentioned previously and I wished her well. she has not responded

Ok , the breakup itself is closure. Anything after that seems like attempts to rehash things, have the last word, backpedal, etc.. Now let it rest and let the dust settle.

I sent her a text to finish to explain as I mentioned previously and I wished her well. she has not responded

It's mentally unhealthy for you to continue contact with her. She's an ex and should be treated as such.

If she reaches out to you in the future, diplomatically and respectfully tell her that you wish her all the best and that are ceasing contact with her because it's best for both of you to move on with your own lives. If she does not honor your wishes and relentless, then ignore, ghost, block and delete.

Archived