Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social Media

Ya I would say you are the thing he is hiding. You know what....if it doesn't feel right it isn't. If you were so special to him he wouldn't be like this. You have wasted 3 years. If you wants someone to be a part of your life, then you have to be a part of theirs if there is to be any future. Not sure why you would overlook this for 3 years...were you hoping for change? You are not shallow, your expectations are not being fulfilled. 3 years is a long time to wait....if your gut is telling you to dump him, you are probably right.
    Last edited by smackie9; 05-10-2020 at 06:21 PM.

I was expecting change , maybe after we have gotten to know each other heíd become more comfortable and we can then add each other on social media , it was something that had always been in the back of my mind but I overlooked it for a while . But itís now been three years and everythingís the same and I recently talked about the whole social media thing and he got upset which made me realize nothings going to change

Thereís other things he did that made me consider the relationship to be serious thatís why I ignored this social media thing for a long time

Originally Posted by Lamu2020
    Thereís other things he did that made me consider the relationship to be serious thatís why I ignored this social media thing for a long time
    Like what?

We did normal couple things went on dates , supported me through college , at first the relationship was long distance and he moved to the town Iím in to be closer , He has met my friends , we talked about the future

Originally Posted by Lamu2020
    We did normal couple things went on dates , supported me through college , at first the relationship was long distance and he moved to the town Iím in to be closer , He has met my friends , we talked about the future
    So he financially supported you while you attended college?

Has he met your family?

Bronze Member
    Your concerns are not shallow at all. I'm not a big social media person and never posted anything about my S/O or my relationship status. But I can't see a legit reason to refuse to connect with the person I'm dating if they want to, or to hide my profile from them. Him being angry when you brought it up is a huge red flag. He sounds shady and manipulative.

he met some my family as most of them are here in the states

You got bamboozled,.... if a man isn't all in at the beginning, that's your red flag. Waiting to see if things will change...that's on you.

Certainly sounds funny, all this.

My personal attitude toward social media is that I am really, really turned off by people who want to use it "lock things down" quickly, or to turn the inherently fragile (and fun!) business of getting to know someone romantically into a performance. So someone eager to photograph, tag, and flaunt in the early daysówell, not my thing. No judgement, just not going to be a good match, and I've had to make that clear once or twice.

That said, what strikes me as peculiar here is that he gets angry when you bring it up. It's been three years! If he has some kind of legitimate reasonsówell, he should be able to tell you, clearly and calmly. That he just gets upset? Not cool. Whatever his reasons, that's a pretty clear display of not really taking you, and your feelings, seriously.

All in all, I think you have to ask yourself: Is this enough? Three years is enough time to know what you're going to getóand not getófrom another person inside a relationship. My impression here is that you want much, much more than you're getting, and that what you want is hardly a moonshot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice