Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social Media

We are actually both from the same country out of the US and we are both of the same religion so there isnít anything different in our culture or religion

I have met his one friend who introduced us . Other than that I havenít met anyone else .

I have recently discussed with him about the social media thing and he got really upset and said he doesnít have his close friends on Facebook or his family on Facebook either so he doesnít see the point of me being on his social media because he doesnít use it . He gets really upset whenever I bring up the social media thing and gets upset if I ask if thereís something he is hiding

Unfortunately it seems like you are a secret. Add to that your fear of communication with him. Have you googled his background?

When you say google his background do you mean like just googling him? Because I have done that this was at the beginning of the relationship and there isnít much out there about him everything is either on private or I have to be on his friend list to see anything else

I think you are a closet girlfriend.

Before that thought completely poisons you, have a conversation with him and say how you feel about it. It is however time to meet his family.

He is not who you think he is and your relationship is not what you hope it is. You are a secret and you need to confront this or end it. Why be a back alley "gf"?
    Originally Posted by Lamu2020
    When you say google his background do you mean like just googling him? Because I have done that this was at the beginning of the relationship and there isnít much out there about him

Platinum Member
    I have recently discussed with him about the social media thing and he got really upset and said he doesnít have his close friends on Facebook or his family on Facebook either so he doesnít see the point of me being on his social media because he doesnít use it . He gets really upset whenever I bring up the social media thing and gets upset if I ask if thereís something he is hiding
    This is noise, meant to distract you from the fact that he is not being transparent with you.

His argument doesn't hold any water anyway. If he never uses it, there really wouldn't be anything to lose by adding you. The fact that he gets this upset is your cue that something is off.

Do you know if his family even knows you exist? Is there any chance he has a girlfriend back home?

Platinum Member
    My husband never uses his and of course we're friends on Facebook. He has another girlfriend, wife or family elsewhere.

If you haven't met his family after 3 years and he refuses to let you see what's in his social media, then he's not considering you a serious girlfriend and either is already seeing other people, or wants to be perceived as single so that he can see other people should he choose to do so.

Sorry, this guy is either hiding something from you or doesn't take your relationship as being as serious as you think it is.

So who is on his facebook page? People generally have friends and family on their pages, that's the whole point of it! Remember this - people with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice