2 year relationship over

Billie92

Hi I feel in such a dark place right now about a week ago me and my boyfriend split up, we had been together for 2 years and there had been a lot of ups and downs if I'm being honest mostly downs he cheated very early on and then he lied about texting another girl so there were serious trust issues but I'd never experienced a loving relationship before and I knew he loved me so we had a fresh start put everything behind us he was honest with me but other things happened when he moved in he got lazy I did everything i mean everything paid for everything but instead of talking about it I bottled it up and then I just exploded called him every name under the sun and told him to leave and that it was over, we haven't spoken but I miss him I miss being loved by him I just cant believe it's over and I'm finding it hard to function everything feels hard and exhausting I dont understand why I know it was for the best I'm trying not to think about just the good times but I miss him so much even though I dont think he was the right person for me but I'm scared I'll never feel that way again and its just devastated me

He's a lying cheating freeloader. You are well rid of him.

Don't you want to be loved by an honest, faithful man who will not take advantage of you? I'm sure you do.

I know you don't feel that way now, but after some time you will realize you are better off without him in your life.

Thanks I think it helps to write it all out just wish I didnt feel like it was all for nothing

It wasn't. You've learned now what you DON'T want in a relationship. "Loving times" do not cancel out lying, cheating or freeloading.

It wasn’t all for nothing. If you take time to heal your heart, and then apply the lessons you learned once you’re ready to date again, you will see that an even better situation has been made possible for you....

But yeah, breakups suck. Even dodgy or toxic situations hurt to leave for a while.

Do something nice for yourself today, eat a healthy meal or make your space more inviting by cleaning out a closet or something. Stay busy, love yourself and breathe consciously if you find yourself getting really upset.

Best wishes!

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like what you miss is a relationship...or the hope of one, not him per se. Unfortunately he turned out not to be the man you hoped or thought he was. The good news is your instincts are intact and you were right to throw him out.

Take a breather and use this time to retool t yourself. Resurrect your interests and hobbies, enjoy some friends and family. Reconnect with coworkers, old friends, neighbors etc. Make sure you block and delete him from all your social media and messaging apps. People like this make empty promises to slither back in if you are caught off guard.

he moved in he got lazy I did everything i mean everything paid for everything but instead of talking about it I bottled it up and then I just exploded called him every name under the sun and told him to leave and that it was over, we haven't spoken.

Thank you for being so kind my brain is being logical and knows this is the best thing for me and I'll be fine some day but its when my heart starts hurting it's my first real proper relationship, previous relationships have never amounted to anything or were just casual so haven't really ever had to deal with a heart break before

You should be proud of yourself for having the strength to end it and for accepting that things were not right and putting an end to the relationship because I can totally sympathise with your situation (as I ended a 2 year relationship a few weeks ago) you just need to accept there there will be bad days when you’ll want to cry and eat ice cream and reminisce about the good times but just remember the reasons why you ended it and how much better you’ll feel in the long run when you meet someone who treats you right and loves and respects you, and that day will come! Stay strong

I promise you all of this wasn’t for nothing. It’ll take sometime to see the blessings in disguise here, there are a lot of good things here for you. You got rid of some serious weight that was weighing you down, and you never have to deal with him cheating on you ever again. Now you gotta take the time to get to know yourself, doing the things YOU like to do and I promise once you get into motion for a while you’ll see you’re the only person you want to spend your time with instead of this cheating freeloader. You deserve soo much better than what he has to offer. The only way out is through, girl. You got it.

Honey, what you miss is a lazy lump on the couch whose main purpose was to give you the illusion you weren't alone. But if you were doing *everything* for him and he was a liar/cheat/non-contributing, then you really were alone *and* were being used and just didn't know it.

I was married to a lazy lump on the couch and it is indeed hard to adjust, BUT you are far better off without him because now you are free to find someone who does treat you well and doesn't use you. There's an adjustment period because he was like a bad habit and it takes a while to get over a habit, but you will be fine once you adjust.

Get yourself a new pet to focus on! A dog is a great companion that loves you no matter what, and if you don't want to take on that responsibility, choose a cat or some other pet that will allow you to not feel alone in your house. Really, it does help a lot to get you through this transition period while you get over him. Because it will pass and you'll do fine once you realize that.

Thanks everyone ou are all so kind I know if this had happened to a friend i would be saying the same thing my brain can be vicious sometimes I hate myself for allowing myself to be treated like that but I know in the future I'll look back and know it was the right decision

Archived